User Tag List

Thread: DialogBox Enable Menu

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DialogBox Enable Menu

Just a quick suggestion for the DialogBox object... I'm creating a settings interface and using the dialogbox object set as a child so that it meshes with the application. That is, looks as if it's part of the application interface instead of a separate interface. While creating conditions, I had a bit of difficulty finding an option to Disable a control. After a few clicks I discovered that it's under the Control Gener - Enable. After clicking on that action, I was asked the control name. Then I was asked to enter 0 or 1 for Enable or Disable. I'm not sure how many use the DialogBox, but it would be a bit easier to discover if instead of it being listed as just "Enable" it would be listed as "Enable/Disable."

I'm using the DialogBox object because it supports easy creation of tab interfaces. Does anyone know if there exists a different object that directly supports the creation of tabs?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looki did the Tab Control object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion. After a bit of Googling I found the Tab Control object. At first it wasn't as intuitive as the tab controls in the dialog object. There's an example mfa file but I'm unable to load it. It calls for an outdated object, Overlay.mfx. I did a quick search on the forums and discovered that I have to create the conditions for everything. I basically have it setup so that if Tab 1 is the current tab, then to show certain objects. If any other tab is selected, then it hides the objects that are not part of Tab 1. At first it was hard to work with because unlike the tab controls in the dialog box, the tabs don't automatically show in the frame editor. To overcome this, I used the Layers toolbar. I hide the layer I have set for Tab 1 when I'm working with objects for Tab 2.

It's a lot more work than using the Dialog Box because I have to create all of the conditions for it to function properly. However, the Tab Control gives me a lot more options and control than the Dialog Box tab controls did. Furthermore, I don't have to write down every single control name for each control I put in my tabs so that I can access them later. Instead, I can easily see the controls (i.e. objects) in the Event Editor.