User Tag List

Thread: Unable to detect mouse click events on older devices (4.0.4 and earlier)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unable to detect mouse click events on older devices (4.0.4 and earlier)

OK so I'm trying to convert my latest iOS creation to Android (an Endless Runner based on Peter Rabbit, see my signature).

It's my first Android app, so I may be missing something

Finally got it running as expected on my Motorola Moto E (2nd gen) with 4G LTE running Android 5.0.2. Unfortunately, older devices, like a Samsung Galaxy SII (GT-I9100) running Android 4.0.4 or Kindle Fire (I assume is <4.0.4) are totally unresponsive to Mouse Click events, clicking Actives or Active System Box clicks (although Text Buttons seem to work, but not if I make them Image Buttons for some reason).

Any ideas how to fix? Could it be that I've switched from iOS to Android and some of the objects aren't switching to true Android versions?

I'm running the latest beta of Fusion 2.5 (285.1) and Android 285.2k and using API 23 (to fix a Text Blitting suspend/resume bug)
    The game isn't that taxing, and if I substitute timed events for clicks I can get passed my menu into the game and frame rate is fine, but I need some event that will trigger when player taps the screen (anywhere, except for other buttons).

Any suggestions are much appreciated - otherwise I'll make a simple example and post it in the bug box and wait for a fix (I'd prefer not to limit to 5.0.2 and above, and don't have devices between 4.0.4 and 5.0.2 to test)

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be no problem with clicks on Galaxy S2 - have you tried using the multi touch object and seeing if the problem persists?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DaveC - Thanks for the suggestion, tried using Multi-touch object (touch began, also tried touch released), but still not working on Samsung (fine on Motorola for some reason). I can only assume I'm missing something, either in the Projects Android properties or in the Android SDK/JDK somewhere - perhaps how taps are detected changed somewhere between 4.0.4 and 5.0.2?

I'll try making a small example file...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small example file is working OK for Active System Button clicking on Samsung - must be something in my Project Properties or something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally tracked it down to having Display Status Bar disabled in the Android Properties - this seems to prevent any clicks being registered on older devices, eg Samsung Galaxy SII (GT-I9100) running Android 4.0.4
    I've attached a simple file to show the problem (uses Active System Box, Button, Multi-Touch object and a couple of Actives)
    I've added it to the Bug Box as well here: http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/3490

Thanks DaveC for getting me to keep trying stuff...
    Attached files Attached files

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I will build your example here and send for you to try in this specific device.

no change where done only working with immersive mode in latest betas.

but I will make a specific change for this devices.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Fernando - Thanks for the quick response. File worked fine. What's immersive mode and how can I access it? Look forward to a new Android Beta I can use.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    http://developer.android.com/trainin...immersive.html

but it does not work in the device you mentioned
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...