User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Avast reporting executable as malware - false positive, not sure what to do.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed this with Avast also. I'm glad it's not doing this for you anymore colej. I released a game in MMF2 a couple of years ago, and that never had any problems with being detected as a virus. Fusion 2.5 files seem to be picked up as viruses though. Hopefully the codesigning thing is the answer. I shall be keeping tabs on this thread, for when I'm ready to export an .exe of my current game!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anybody else still having false positives or has this been fixed for everybody now?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To reopen this discussion, because it looks like things are getting worse with Avast. Today I tried to export my game as .exe and I noticed that my Avast was blocking it. The worst thing is that no alert message is given: you double-click the file and nothing happen. I've tried exporting to exe 10 other .mfa made with fusion, and none of them work...
    It looks like a serious matter: any other of you with Avast can try to test it?
    My Avast version is 10.4.2233

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You will have to report a false negative with Avast. This is literally out of Clickteam's hands. I will push tomorrow for a submission from us too for a false positive but what this needs is numbers, the more people that report it as a false positive the more likely it will become a false positive in their indexes.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully it stays listed as false positives once they actually fix it. Unfortunately, I've seen this sort of thing periodically off and on for a long time (years?). Hasn't always been Avast. I wonder what exactly causes these programs to be flagged in the first place.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would most likely just include a text document or disclaimer saying that it will get flagged as false positives by some antivirus softwares. Avast seems to be especially bad about this. Going out of your way to pay for a certificate just so some spazzy AV won't flag your harmless EXE file is ridiculous.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    casleziro - Not at all ridiculous. You can pickup signing certs for next to nothing these days and it gives your game/app authority. I highly recommend doing it for anyone semi-/serious at game or app development. With Google and iOS mobile markets, you are 'forced' to sign all your apps. In 2015, signing applications is the norm.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll surely consider signing before releasing, thanks. It's probably because of Avast heuristics, which in my opinion are way too much aggressive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say you can pick up signing certs for next to nothing, where would that be from? Doing a quick Google search shows them going for $100+

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume it happens because it's quite easy to write viruses with Fusion (or any programming language, but Fusion requires much less effort to learn), so we end up with a few amateur viruses being released that Avast flag the file structure of.

The problem is, part of the file structure is the Fusion runtime, and if this gets flagged as the core of the virus, any application using the fusion runtime will be flagged. So avast should really flag the fusion runtime and the structure of the events, but they don't really know the difference.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast