User Tag List

Thread: Vertical Moving Platforms using the PMO extension?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vertical Moving Platforms using the PMO extension?

So there's an example file that comes with the PMO extension that teaches you how to use the extension (MMF 2\Examples\Platform Movement\). The example file has a tutorial for moving platforms using the PMO object as well. It teaches you about handling horizontal moving platforms but I want to know how to do the same but with vertical movement instead.

So I basically copied the code for the Horizontal movement found in the example but replaced it with YCount, YSpeed, YCoordinate and YVelocity, etc. It seems to be working so far but the problem is when I stand on the platform it seems to have my player shake for some reason when going moving down, and then it just has the player drop down through the moving platform when it goes up.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I suggest you check out this example: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/94567-Kid-Icarus-Style-Game
    It uses PMO and an approach which manages perfectly interaction with every possible moving platform (horizontal/vertical, but also diagonal, path movement, etc.)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by faber View Post
    Hi, I suggest you check out this example: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/94567-Kid-Icarus-Style-Game
    It uses PMO and an approach which manages perfectly interaction with every possible moving platform (horizontal/vertical, but also diagonal, path movement, etc.)
    Nevermind, it works!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made this moving platform example ages ago. Can't remember how it works, but it may help.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you read the official documentation of the object you can use the Set additional X (or Y) velocity action

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenon3000 View Post
    If you read the official documentation of the object you can use the Set additional X (or Y) velocity action
    I have, and additional Y velocity doesn't work, the player falls through if the platform moves up and the character stutters if the platform moves down.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Made this moving platform example ages ago. Can't remember how it works, but it may help.
    Really nice, I'd forgotten about this example! Any ideas how to make the player get pushOut-ed when he's overlapping this background obstacle on the platform?

PMO and moving platform example2.mfa

I have an example here I've been working on using @DaveC example with MoveSafely2 pushing the player out on the platform: Kid Icarus Fusion remixx8.mfa

It works if you sit still, but try walking into the backdrop as it ascends and the player will fall through the platform. I think this is because PMO adds extra velocity to the loop which MoveSafely misses. If you can come up with any way of adding a horizontal pushOut routine to your example (it never needs a vertical pushOut, since Sonic The Hedgehog dies if he gets squished on a vertical ascension;a death squash routine would be cool to add though!)

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a working version of @Caesar 's version with pushout obstacles: Attachment 25736

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a fixed version that works with multiple platforms, and has been reduced to one pushout routine due to condensed direction test (this can be refined much further by changing flags to multiplying a move value by -1): PMO and moving platform example with pushout fix.mfa

It gets ugly if you get trapped under the wall on the y axis moving upwards, but it's still elegant enough to keep you on the platform. A head test collider could allow for a "crush sonic" function to kill you, but this isn't implemented in this example.