[$10] Platform Engine with [_]

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • - Variable Walk Speed
    - Variable Run Speed
    - Variable Jump Strength (Or Fixed)
    - Run Speed Jump Boost
    - Variable Jump Height
    - Variable Env. Gravity (Directional, Reverse, etc.)
    - Variable Env. Wind Force
    - Flying
    - Swimming (Alternative Gravity > Up/Down)
    - Boats
    - Veheciles
    - Jump Attack (On Enemy, Mario)
    - Jump Attack (Brick, Mario)
    - Jump Boosts (e.g. Ninja Style / Multiple boosts)
    - Attack Punch
    - Attack Fire
    - Variable Jump Pad Strength
    - Variable Jump Pad Angles
    - Ropes (Swing)
    - Ladders (Static)
    - Chains (Hold)
    - Hanging
    - Threatmills + Balloons + Windturbines + Speeders
    - Wall Friction (Allow wall Ninja stuff)
    - Turn everything ON/OFF + Modifiers using Items
    - Floor Friction (e.g. Slime, Normal, Ice)
    - Air Resistance (When no speed is applied)
    - Platforms (Swings) (Elevators)
    - Teleporters
    - Checkpoints
    - Various Traps (Spikes, Droppers, Smashers, Emitters)
    - Smooth Camera (+ Other Camera effects. Trigger easely)
    - Global Speed modifier (Boost/Slowmo)
    - Float based (No INTs)
    - Pickups, Collectables, Etc...
    - Mini Game System
    - System.Based.Object.Namespace.Variation
    - Works with GLOBALS
    - Mini Sub-App based PAUSE / INVENTORY screen Framework
    - Save/Loading System (With Slots)
    - Uses NATIVE controls (No keyboard events)
    - Every value can be adjusted from 1 system object
    System is open for any changes.
    - NATIVE code: No extensions used!
    - And more.... (will update the list later!)

Would you like to buy this at a price tag of $10 in the Click Store?

Extra:
    It will have Support and Updates Included for about 1 year.
    Its royaltee free, and you may use it in Commercial Projects, and aims to be Commercial Grade quality
    (= No bugs + Fine grained & smooth control)
    Unleash powerfull 2D games, but with simplicity in mind.
    Few lines of code (Just roughly 250 lines for the entire Engine! = Easy to learn + Manage/Change)

Please post if LIKE!

Also if you think it is worth more let me know! + Price

• Hey Patrick
    If it's cross platform I'll buy it without any doubt. I don't need to your platformer features anyway. I need to your inventory mechanics and save / load system with slots.

My website and 2d Animation artworks: Please login to see this link.

• No online . Only local save / load with slot .

btw : Make platformer game is easy with fusion . I have strongly suggestion for make an engine for design Adventure classic point and click like the Monkey Island genre. There is many software for that as aren't cross platform all of them instead Visionaire Studio that is very expensive for mobile port . If you make this engine for Fusion I will buy it up to 50$. There is main items for make this engine : Pathfinding for walkable area and walkbehind area / Save-load / inventory system / dialogue tree .And of course cross platform too.
    Please think to my suggestion
    Thanks
    Mehrdad

My website and 2d Animation artworks: Please login to see this link.

• You should mention if this uses normal frame based events or global events. Also, does it rely heavily on behaviors? Based on your Alex Kidd project, it seems like it might be using both, which could be a turn off for some looking to modify your engine for their game.

Please login to see this link.

• I dropped behaviours and global events. Its not allowing to use "groups" and like you mentioned, would limit the developers ability to fully dig into it on a per-frame basis. So its all in a single frame, which you can copy/modify easely.

• This would be great for entry level developers ready to dig into the code and see what makes a good engine tick. On the other hand, there are several platformer engines available, though not this deep as you have it planned.

On another hand, it would be nice to see enemy AI engines. Basically enemies that you can reskin in a platformer game and plug in. But I am interested to see how this shapes up for other users to tinker with.

I can't say I would purchase it, as I have my engine and am happy with it, but I bet there would be at least a handful who would make good use of this.

Please login to see this link.

• Hmm. Enemy AI sounds fun. I think i could add some in. b.t.w. im not (yet) actively working on this. But im a good way in coming. Should anyone else run accross this please do not hesitate to express your interest since it would definitely encourige me to speed up the dev.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!