User Tag List

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Pathfinding Widget (extensionless)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok.Let me clear:

I want make and handle your engine for an adventure point and click game.
    So I don't want any degree or rotation for character. In theory is easy: Every time character has change to another direction I want a custom turn animation to new direction and after that straight direction.like "The Black Mirror" game."The Dig" game and ...
    For example :
    There is a character in scene . face direction is in right. I click in left. Now I want this : 1) play custom turn character animation to left. 2) walking to left
    I want it for 8 directions not more.
    Of course it will be many situations like Up to down and NE to SW and so on..But it's no problem for all of them.
    If you can find a way for it I'll start my project with your engine.
    Thanks again.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think you would have easier time using directions.

See example:
    easy_path_single_player.mfa

I've removed some extra things you don't need, this also takes into account shortest turning direction.
    Goblin is a little jittery due to hotspots not being properly positioned,
    also, turning animation could be smoother by adding more animation directions (goblin has just 8).

But in this way I think you can have much more ease combining pathfinding object's angle with "player" animation,
    instead of preparing/forcing other animations while turning depending on starting - end direction

EDIT: mmm, I see sometimes it brokes, don't know why,
    I should check better changes made to the pathfinding code

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much schrodinger. You are great programmer .It's perfect example for me. I saw some bug too. Character freeze sometimes . I'm glad that you want fix it
    I'm appreciate you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol wish i could understand this, i still cant, i need a walkthrough on 101 A*

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it still needs to be fixed a little (and properly modified to fit other runtimes),
    now that P3D is done I could dedicate some time to this again

if you have some questions let me know, the examples provided should explain more or less how to use it

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Relevant update

Hello clickers,

finally got a couple of days to clean up and complete this little widget,
    that I can now consider ready to use.

- faster calculations (mostly thanks to an additional array, and some tricks like "rejoining paths" when target cells are the same)
    - works on Android, no crashes, thanks to a brilliant idea by Chrille: limiting loops. This will be automatically done in the android runtime (you can customize looping limit). But -to my limited testing- it is awfully slow, something I can't understand why, see below and HELP if you want/can
    - additional functions (i.e. "draw line" this request popped out in the forum some days ago and I thought it was cool to add!)
    - very rough "terrain cost" system, not very flexible/powerful for now, but it's there if someone needs..
    - solid code, no paths missed, no crashes on unreachable destinations, all previous bugs should be solved (..hopefully! if you notice something let me know!)

You can find updated .mfa here:
    http://lizardking.co/easy_path_widge...ath_widget.zip
    (I'll make updates in the same place so that this link won't need to be changed)

HTML5 version ready to try here:
    http://lizardking.co/easy_path_widget/

Android build:
    I made some tests on the emulator (don't have an Android device), and it runs at 15-20 FPS
    BUT this slowness is not due to the code: removing every single bit of code still keeps it at this sluggy speed,
    at least, on my android emulator, so I would say "code seems to run well" because makes no speed difference...!

Can anyone confirm this slowness on their own device?

Someone can tell me what I did so awfully wrong in level design / or other settings to result in this?

iOS: don't know still! Will make some tests with iOS emulator, again I have no iOS device,
    in the next days though
    if anyone wants to try meanwhile..

Since I forgot to write this in the .mfa: it is free for any use / modification
    (but you won't be allowed to sell it in its current/modified form, just in the unlikely case.. )

Full instructions included,
    feel free to ask for any clarification or additional function,
    and enjoy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey schrodinger

Great!!!!!!. Nice job . I tested with Flash exporter It works perfect and fps was 60 . I have Android device (Sony Xperia Z1) and fps was 60 too without any problem .
    Can I merge it with last your upload (post 32 by you in this page ) for turning character too?

Thanks a lot for your hard works

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicely done, schrodinger

I tried it too on my Nexus 7 and it ran fine, so probably something is wrong with your emulator.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really great work, thanks so much for sharing, very generous of you!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very nice,
    thanks for sharing this schrodinger

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast