User Tag List

Thread: Shader or such for scrolling parts of the screen?(Sega genesis type parallax)

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shader or such for scrolling parts of the screen?(Sega genesis type parallax)

Greetings! I was wondering, is there a shader or way to paralllax scroll the same way that the Sega Genesis did?

Currently, to get a satisfactory way of parallax scrolling parts of the background I need to use alot of layers, but it'd be nice if there was some sort of way to scroll "part of the screen". Is there such a thing?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if this one can do what you need it to but it scrolls whatever that is behind it:
    https://community.clickteam.com/threads/97669-Scrolling-Effect-My-first-attempt-at-a-shader

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's actually exactly what I wanted, thank you!

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, only drawback is that when things are scrolling both up horizontally and vertically at the same time, there is a distinct jittering of the screen.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh? Weird. Will have a peek and see what's up...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am having trouble reproducing the jitter here. Could you isolate the issue in a mfa file by any chance?