User Tag List

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Pathfinding Widget (extensionless)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's perfect and works fine

You're so awesome Schrodinger .
    Thanks a lot for your great helps.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I know this question is out of this topic. In chase, characters passed together. Is any way for define solid or obstacle for characters?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You don't want characters to walk one over the other?
    Doing this with pathfinding would be cool, and is doable, but would be rather intensive,
    because would require refreshing the array map quite often (while characters move, set their current cells as obstacles)
    and even more because on every map change, would require firing a new pathfinding code, making for lots of additional looping.

A not really solid workaround can be stopping and pushing back the chaser when it overlaps the main character,
    like adding line 69 here:

stop_bug.jpg

A small consideration:
    since in adventure games players are supposed to be of a quite thing thickness, compared to walkable area,
    wouldn't be acceptable making them overlap each other?
    One can think them being at two slightly different depths - one in front of the other..?

Could possibly think of some other idea if something more "strong" (never ever overlapping ) is required

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schro you kill it when it comes to modifying/making examples and helping people, man. It's honestly impressive. I wouldn't have the patience or energy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Schrodinger. Thanks for add this code but it have some problems.
    I don't want character push back another, I want walk around it like a obstacle. Not any touch.
    Also this code doesn't work always and characters passed sometimes and push together to obstacles too.

I know it's maybe want hard coding but it's will be more near to realistic adventure games.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thanks casleziro I have fun doing this,
    feels a bit like making crosswords (and makes you learn a lot!),
    but yes, time is always short unfortunately...

@ MEHRDAD: I had a feeling this wouldn't have helped much for your needs
    For what you need, I think the cleanest solution would be stressing the pathfinding code more.
    I'll try to see & put on an example later, if something good comes out.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've tried something, but it's no good.
    No matter how much frequently we fire the pathfinding updates, the objects are going to cross their path in some way
    (and the pathfinding code won't like it at all, now considering them obstacles)

Here's what I have so far:
    easy_path_widget_avoid_player.mfa

And consider that this could already screw up in real devices, because of the "loop splitting" thing:
    we can't have two contemporary pathfinding calls, unless they are very short paths.

Now, rethinking at this, I would reconsider going with option 1) I was suggesting before:
    making the "chaser" simply follow the same path of main character, but delayed by one or more steps.

Disadvantages:
    - the chaser will always be one (or more) step(s) behind the main player, path would be exactly the same but delayed
    - they will overlap at some point (when going to a path opposite from current direction, main character will overlap the chaser)

If you think this could be anyway ok, and need help setting up,
    I can provide an example for that (and would be much quicker than this thing I was trying.. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Schrodinger for your great updates.
    It's almost near to nice chase. But I have three problem with it:

1) Follower start to move after click without any pause .There is not delay for move it after hero character most of times.
    2) Please make random stop place for fllower with distance for two or three block empty cells too.
    3) Bug: Sometimes two characters overlap together and engine go to freeze without any move anymore.(I see this bug for three times)

Thanks again for your hard works.I'm appreciate for it.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you consider the other option I was mentioning in previous post?
    That would make things waaay easier.
    (btw - can you point me to a video footage of some adventure game with the kind of movement you have in mind? Maybe some good idea could come out of that..)

Quite frankly, I'm not sure we can make it work 100% as for your request, particularly on android devices,
    due to the fact we can't fire multiple pathfinding loops without having some frames delay inbetween (or would crash on less powerful devices)
    Btw, just as a general suggestion, I'm under the impression you have a quite "strong" device,
    I would suggest to test on other older and lighter devices to be 100% sure all things work ok!

If the other idea above can't do,
    these are answers to your points above:

1) ok, this can be done! I got rid of that in the new example but can't remember why
    2) this can be done too, but would be probably cleaner with the alternative method depicted above
    3) yeah, this is the major issue of this solution, and I'm not sure we can fix this.
    I currently have no (reasonably doable) idea on how to fix it
    the quickest idea would be continuously firing the pathfinding code to avoid this happening at all,
    but it's something we can't do on android, unless we stop characters, wait for some frame cycles,
    and then fire loops again, but would result in something very bad to see, with characters stop-&-go.

So, for some other ideas, I would ask:
    a) the link to a video showcasing a gameplay similar to what you're after
    b) is above idea (chaser following exactly the same path as player, but always some steps behind) not applicable?
    if not
    c) could try some ideas later to see if I can improve latest example, but not sure anything good would come

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use AGS (adventure game studio) engine for my adventure games. But I still don't stick to it for make a real game. Because it haven't a fresh port for mobiles.
    When I saw your engine I thought it's best time for add all features of AGS into the your engine.
    Of course I don't want save - load or dialog tree, inventory and so on.
    I only wanted a great pathfinding + turning character + chase.
    So I started ask suggestions to you for add AGS features.
    And now I'm happy with your engine.and I'm sad for Android port. Because I need to mobile ports as I said.
    Please see AGS games. You can see what is in my mind.
    I'm appreciate Schrodinger for your all examples and helps.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast