User Tag List

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Pathfinding Widget (extensionless)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schrodinger , I'm making my adventure game with your engine and it's in progress . Maybe it's difficult question :
    You made for me a turn before walking and it use one frame from per direction .It's OK but Is any way for make custom turning animation ? I know it takes many situations like left to right/left to up/up to left ,....

I made all of this turning animations!!!. It's really great for smooth turning .
    Thanks for any suggestion or help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the character animation will always be the same picture when "posing" in a specific direction (i.e. turned down-left)
    I still think using animation directions would be by far the quickest and less-hassle way
    so that if turning from bottom-left to top, animation directions would read:
    bottom-left
    left
    top-left
    and you would just need 8 animation frames (assuming you are using 8 directions)

with some more work,
    you could even animate them a bit, like turning "to next" or "to previous" direction,
    using 24 total directions,
    i.e.
    bottom left direction (20)= static animation standing still
    previous frame (19)= turning a bit to left animation
    next frame (21)= turning a bit to right

but if you are doing something very eye catching and you have your pack of very customized fancy animations
    say each direction change has its own peculiarity
    (i.e., when turning from left to right character dress floats a bit,
    when turning from bottom to top he pass a hand through its hairs, and so on)
    than it would be surely very cool (and a lot of animation work! )
    and I'm sure we can find a solution

i.e.
    if you are using 8 directions
    you need to prepare 56 animations (from each single direction to each other single direction)
    we could use two animation slots, and 28 directions each
    so we can do:
    player start direction from 0 to 12 (4 directions) = use custom animation 1
    player start direction from 16 to 28 (4 directions) = use custom animation 2
    inside these animation slots,
    directions will be populated this way:
    (start direction+end direction/4)= direction number

i.e.
    start direction = 0 (right)
    end direction = 8 (top)
    play animation= custom 1 with direction= 2
    (direction 1 would be from right to top-right, direction 2 from right to top)

once animations are well sorted this way, the code will be quick and easy to setup,
    if this is a good solution for you

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for guide . Actually I have a little anticipations for dress and other stuffs and so on (eye catching animations ) . So I have to use your last method .
    My 56 custom animations is almost ready but unfortunately I don't complete understand your last method . Would you mind for an example for a one turning like 'right to up' ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah sorry it is not particularly complex to do, code would be rather short,
    but it's difficult to put in words (at least, for me )

It would be difficult making a clear example without having some apt animations to show,
    I'll try to clarify meanwhile,
    you should prepare your active with animations this way:

1) use two animation slots of your character (add two custom animation slots, name it turning1 and turning2 or however you prefer)
    2) make both slots capable of holding 32 directions
    3) import and populate your animations in this way:

player start direction 0--12 (from right to top-left)
    place your animation in slot "turning1"
    inside animation direction: player start direction (0,4,8,12)*2 + player end direction (0,4,8,12,16,20,24,28) / 4

player start direction 16--28 (from left to bottom-right)
    place your animation in slot "turning2"
    inside animation direction: player start direction ((16,20,24,28)-16)*2 + player end direction (0,4,8,12,16,20,24,28) / 4

(I made a mistake in previous post, didn't think adding the multiplication *2 and subtraction by 16..)

example
    you have to place animation turning from top to bottom-left
    start direction= 8 (top)
    end direction= 20 (bottom-left)
    you must place this animation in slot "turning1" (because start direction is 8)
    inside animation direction= 8(start dir)*2 + 20(end dir)/4 = 21

example2
    you have to place animation turning from bottom to right
    start direction= 24 (bottom)
    end direction= 0 (right)
    you must place this animation in slot "turning2" (because start direction is 24)
    inside animation direction= (24(start dir)-16)*2 + 0(end dir)/4 = 16

this shoud ensure each starting animation and ending animation gives a unique couple of numbers we can refer to

then since we have a fixed template, we can logically refer to animations basing on start and end direction of the player
    simply by modifiying a couple conditions of the current "turning" code

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great!!. Thanks a lot Schrodinger . It seems so perfect . I'll try and put my custom animations into it then tell you result .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Schrodinger but I'm still fail in custom turning.I don't understand this lines like:
    inside animation direction: player start direction (0,4,8,12)*2 + player end direction (0,4,8,12,16,20,24,28) / 4
    Does it write in event editor?

Another question : It must use one frame in per direction ? Or can I use many frames in per direction ?
    One frame for per direction is not useful . Because It turn mechanical . Custom animation for Down- Right to Up- Left is different with Down- Right to Left . I hope you get my mean . If it's not clear please let me know.
    Thanks again

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Mehrdad,
    no problem - this is all theoretical up to now so it's difficult making a picture of things,
    but it's gonna work well once everything is in place (hopefully )

Does it write in event editor?
    No it's the "formula" you must use to determine where to put your animations inside your player active object.
    Say you have just prepared animation top-to-downleft
    you must now put this inside your active object:
    to do so you have to use the "guide" written above to determine where (animation slot and animation direction) to put your animations
    (so we can retrieve it later by code)

can I use many frames in per direction ?
    yes, sure, that's why we are using slots and directions instead of a single animation and animation frames,
    to leave place for long smooth eyecatching animations

If you have some animations ready you can upload (or of course send me by pm if you prefer!) your active
    with at least three/four of them and I'll provide a quick example with the turning code too, so you can continue fillling the slots basing on this template and test if you're placing them correctly.
    Not sure on timing though, I'm trying to complete a little project for Christmas and a bit busy with that and other things
    but I'll try my best...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy Pathfinding Widget is super many thanks for that.
    Somehow I get this with the Active Objects not.
    The refresh of the map or Singel Cell does not go.

bsp.
    Link

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thank you, glad you found it useful

here's working mfa of both versions:

easy_path_widget active test.mfa

1) this was a fault of the "overlap delay bug" of fusion: collision masks are cached and firing a loop in the same event you move an object, will still find the object in previous position (if you check against an overlap with another object, as the engine does),
    so I added a little trick to skip just one frame before firing the refresh map loop
    that's enough and not noticeable

2) position in the array should be y/gridY and x/gridX not x/DimX and y/DimY
    (also notice switched X and Y because array rows are X and columns are Y, opposite to screen coordinates)
    plus - my bad - the correct value for non-obstacle cell if you "manually" set it, is 999999999 (nine 9s)
    and not 0
    sorry for that, I remember mistakenly mentioning 0 in previous posts

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wundervoll is now working as I thought.
    Thank you very much, I would never have found myself in life.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast