User Tag List

Thread: Can I use Physics Chain and ROpe with PMO?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Can I use Physics Chain and ROpe with PMO?

Hey CLickteam,

I'm creating a climb the tower platforming type of game using Platform Movement Object. This is the first time I use PMO and its awesome! So glad I found it. I also want to use chain and rope physics object. Are the two objects compatible? I tried to attach my player to the rope but its not attaching. I recently moved so currently I don't have internet at home. So I can't upload my example yet. However, first thing when I get to work, I check what's new on Clickteam. . So if anyone has accomplished both with PMO and physics rope, let me know how! Thanks Clickteam!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    in short answer yes, I don't have example but you can make them work together
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to start a new thread about the Physics Chain object, as there are a few. Howver I've been wanting to know, how can you get 2 seperate chains/ropes, attached to both ends of a platform? It seems you can only attach them to the platforms action point. Surely there's a way to attach 1 chain to the left side of the platform and the other to the right side?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like in theory this should be pretty simple.. it would be a matter of pausing your PMO events when you grab the rope, then unpausing them when you want to jump off, and probably adding in some additional x/y velocity to the PMO depending on how fast the rope is moving. I might make an attempt over the weekend.. I think someone else asked me for help on the same problem..

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I just tried to do it... it's pretty rough but it's a good start... it shows it's possible at least.

I think if I were to start over I wouldn't use the physics rope but instead just a static physics object and a joint or something.. it was just a little hard for me to control the rope with limited actions/conditions for the physics rope object.. or I just need more time with the physics rope before I can tame it >_<
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DaveC,

Thanks brother for the example! I'm gonna check it out tonight! In the meantime, I converted my chain to an active static object. But I do like the challenge of jumping from swinging rope to swinging rope!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @DaveC: +1

pause your movement see that pmo work with an active object reflex to your character, this character can be added to the physic world when need it or from start, you choose (some work must be done first)
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @DaveC
    Nice example! However, your example can catch only the last element of the rope.
    Can you make example for catch the any element of the rope?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And there's one problem tho... I've checked the example file, created the second Rope and Chain physics and I can't seperate it.