User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated Tutorial for Chartboost

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Updated Tutorial for Chartboost

Chartboost is f'+#*ing around with me again. Have not used it for a while and wanted to use it in a new app - the good old method for iOS seems to not work any longer.
    I have gone through the different tutorial here in this forum - In Fusion everythings seems super easy and fine. In xcode - Fails over Fails.
    So here is what I did:

1)
    Followd this tutorial in fusion:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gVYm0EBkQ8

2)
    Exportet to ios and opened in xcode

3)
    Downloaded the newst Chartboost sdk
    Draged the complete Chartboost.framework into the frameworks section and said "yes" at the popup

4)

Went to: Build Phases – Link Binary With Libaries (standard 21)
    Added these Libraries:
    • StoreKit
    • Foundation
    • CoreGraphics
    • UIKit

5)
    Build fails
    So I rememembered that in ios i have to add some lines to the code like:

Goto: AppDelegate.m file
    Add: #import “Chartboost.h”

I guess here is where the problems start. I am not a classic programmer - so xcode drives me crazy sometimes

- What do we have to add in xcode for Chartboost Ios?
    - Where do we have to put those lines?
    - Isnt there a way the extension in Fusion could already do this?

Thx!

Jürgen

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to COPY the chartboost into your project now. you CANNOT link Chartboost anymore

That will do the trick.

There is a Chartboost object that is for IOS and Android.
    Number 4 and 5 you don't need to do at all anymore.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is the latest version of chartboost currently compatible? (version 6) i am using an older version just in case.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the latest is compatible.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh that would be great. Will try this THIS evening! Thx Perry! Hope it really works - apple is sometimes really giving me a hard time... but I guess you guys have experience sth similar

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wait... it was late... the sdk v6 you are talking about. That I don't know.. did not try it yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Perry one more thing cause its not working propperly.
    Copy chartboost.framework into my app folder - where excatly? to classes - to a subfolder?
    Or is it ok to just drag chartboost.framework to my project in XCODE?

My app stops at building with the info: Failed @ #import <Chartboost/CBNewsfeed.h>

Thx again!

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the framework folder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx Perry. But I still get the Error: Failed -> "chartboost/cbnewsfeed.h file not found"
    Am using an old / wrong exteision (do you maybe have a link to the extension you are talking about) - the Fusion internal extension is Android only.
    This is really driving me crazy

Here is my simple chartboost file - maybe you can test if it runs in your xcode: www.ilikescifi.com/ChartboostSimple.zip

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will check as soon as I get home.
    What version do you have installed for Fusion?
    In the latest update, the Chartboost is for both versions..
    Sounds like you are running into that problem.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast