User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Rising Legends - Beat'em Up / Hack 'n Slash

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool retro-modern art. Mix 80's-90's with modern, nice. At least thats the feel for me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rebel, that was definitely the goal!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Robeez,

happy to hear your project has come along well and that you´re heading towards a Kickstarter! I like the game and will support it, the core gameplay looks really solid and you managed to pull of some pretty consistent aesthetics.
    We all know succeeding @Kickstarter these days is very hard so here is some (hopefully constructive) criticism from my humble point of view. I should add that I have a really good background in sidescrolling beat em ups, that was my favourite genre when I played with my bro the early days. Your competition is very strong (not the new ones, most suck, but the dozens of old ones, that can be downloaded for free using MAME). Tackling this genre deserves respect, I had one in the making in 2012 but in the end abandoned it due to bad project planning and lacking skills at this time.

x Consider to put out a demo on indie DB or the forum before Kickstarter, when it goes online while you´re running your Kickstarter and people dont´t like it you´ve no more time to adjust.
    x In the trailer you´ve online the walking animation of your ninja girls doesn´t look right and falls back behind the good attack animations and the excellent idle stance. I found this Disney book very helpful to get it right (I had to redo my characters running and walking animations about 4 times). http://www.floobynooby.com/pdfs/The_...rvival_Kit.pdf. The enemies walking animations are sufficient for a retro beat em up, but the player will look at your main characters all the time, so in this case everything should be perfect.
    x I think for Kickstarter you should consider setting up an own website for the game and give the possibility to subscripe to a newsletter. I also think FB is not very suitable for promoting indie games in the first place. The press really likes Twitter.

Good luck so far and keep us updated!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the feedback Julian!

I personally think the beat 'em up genre has much more potential than shown so far. The recent games have only repeated what was already done and I want to show that you can provide much more innovation than what is currently shown.

* Getting feedback from the public before Kickstarter does seem better, this allows me to implement changes before Kickstarter and will provide a better result.
    * There are definitely some animations I want to improve upon for impact and effect. Getting satisfaction from seeing certain animations after performing specific actions is important. Thanks for the PDF, this will help me out even more!
    * A website is actually in the works and almost finished. I am also opening a Twitter once I have more news the share.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting ready for my first convention that I will be attending to show off the game.

I'll be at the Dutch AnimeCon on June 10th.

The currently playable protagonists, Kimi and Aimi, will be showing off their new moves. There will also be a new game-mode that is currently unrevealed as of yet.

My crew is ready!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Robeez, Give you a lucky nickel if you give me about 5 - 10 minutes of footage of your booth, Playing the game, demoing it, and maybe one of your crew talking about it. We can then run it on Youtube and Twitch.tv

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Those banners look awesome! I'm sure they'll draw a lot of attention to your booth You know I can keep a secret, but as we've already talked about your new secret ingredient I would really love to attend myself:P

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    diggin those posters!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Kisguri, I'll make sure to do that! Do you want all of the footage so you can edit it yourself?

Thanks for the nice comments guys! I'm excited for the journey that's ahead of me!

Artist: http://sergiykrykun.deviantart.com/

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes all the footage would be great! Good luck at the show!

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast