User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mongrel - Charming Metroidvania /w Pixel Art

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot schrodinger! You go blind for stuff like that when you've looked to much at your own proejct. I will check it out and see if it works better with a higher cap. We need to get the game tested by other players, but we're not there yet. Hopefully that will help us get ridd of some mistakes like this.

And by the way! Our kickstarter launched today: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...9250/mongrel-0

We would by thankful for any kind of support by sharing, pledging or even just some constructive criticism :-)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Backed! Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot Christian!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Facebook'd and Tweeted (Twice). Also will appear in the Fusion 2.5 Welcome page. I also personally backed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm... I just noticed that nobody has taken the Frog NPC tier...

Hmm...

Eh, I don't think I have the money to back it at that tier anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter...

Oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the support Kisguri! It means a lot to us.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mongrel is looking interesting. What comes into my mind often is the style/art of game. While pixelart is decent, all other concepts (world map, concept of mongrel images, etc.) are superior and very professional. I guess it would be insane(?) to follow whole game in the concept's style (sketch) and I assume they were drawn by different persons (?). Pixelart version has its own charm, its not bad but as I said above those concept images are far stunning to anything that I have seen so far within Mongrel. Wish u success and sending regards to Norway. Keep up the good work, game is worth of watching and If I will discover you on twitter I will RT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Yes the concepts were made by a different artist who helped us establish the world and a visual style. Our artist has improved a lot since we started this project (this is his first ever pixel art game) but we're aware it doesn't quite live up to the magic of the concepts yet. We're hoping to breathe more life into the game and give it a higher standard now. One problem is that some pieces are outdated while others look great. Since like our said our artist has improved very much.

The main issue is that we haven't had time to work on the game more than weekends and late nights, which is why it isn't that polished yet.

But good news: we actually found a way to partially fund the game outside of kickstarter. This will let us pick up the pace later this fall. Hopefully we'll get to make the game we have in our minds

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably not what you want to hear, but I'm gonna second the opinion of doing the game with the style shown in the concept art. This would elevate the project to a whole new level, and it would compete with the likes of Ori and the Blind Forest.

Mongrel looks really good, especially in motion, and it's not that there is anything wrong with your art style. But it's just that we've all seen so many pixel art platformers, and your game clearly has the potential to rise above the average sidescroller.

This is just my own personal opinion, and in the end you must follow your own vision. Think about what you want to accomplish with your game. If all the people working on this really love pixel art, then that's the way to go. In that case I would suggest that you add lighting, and special effects, like glow into the game. Make the world visually stunning by adding contrast and highlights to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No this is the kind of feedback we do want! We want you to be honest, then it's easier for us to get better at this!

I get that, there has been a lot of pixel art games these days. If we were able to do the game in the style of the concepts we probably would. But pixel art makes the project doable for us. We would need a real budget for a game like that - so maybe for Mongrel 2?

But we'll try and improve our style, add more dynamic elements to make the world more alive. Like you said more lighting and special effects.

By the way the momentum issue schrodinger commented on has been fixed and it looks so much better now. So thanks a lot schrodinger!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast