User Tag List

Thread: Ideas on how I could make a "Tecmo Bowl" type game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideas on how I could make a "Tecmo Bowl" type game.

Hey CLickteam,

I grew up with NES and one of my favorite sports games was Tecmo Bowl. Brings back many great memories of my cousins coming over and us battling it out who could take the snap, run as far deep into their own endzone, and throw a 100 yd pass for a touchdown . Now that I can make a similar game with fusion, just wondering if anyone has ideas on ways to create the AI as far as defending receivers, throwing a pass, blocking and then breaking a block and making a tackle, etc...

This isn't something I'm currently working on, but just fun to think about. Thanks Clickers!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm searching for the same to football game but i'm very near to find the answer

I send you to mp when i'v finish

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AI is probably the hardest thing to code in any game. It all depends on how you want to approach the problem. So usually AI have different "states". Each state makes the AI do different actions, such as "chase", "stop", "roam", etc. For your football game your states would be "block", "run", and "throw" i guess. Think about adding hidden sensors for your players so that they can interact with other objects around them. Maybe look into "Line of Sight" AI so that your players can have some perception sight reaction depending on the play.

Since you would be picking out plays/routes before each down, maybe it doesn't have to be too complicated. In each play that you make, there could be different routes for each player. You could assign each player their ID number that corresponds with the position on the route that they run. Set each player's state to what they need to do according to the play you chose. Try to code each state separately. Since there can be complex movements in the plays, instead of coding each play movement you can code the states.

For example a "Post" play in which the receiver runs straight down the field and then turns into the center of the field. Code that separately as a state that you can assign to any player. When you choose a play and the "Post" run is within that play, assign that state to that player on the field so that they follow that action. Once you code all of the separate states put them all together when your making all of your plays. Then you could create an infinite number of plays and not have to hard code each one into the game. Hope that gives you a better understanding of how to approach the problem.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sumo,

Thank you for responding. I've been reading posts about AI and pathfinding, and your right, it seems like AI is the hardest thing to code. Once I'm finished with the project I'm working on, I think I'll take a swing at this. It seems like "football" AI could be used in many different areas of games. If you come across anything, please post. Thanks Sumo!

Bertard,

Thanks brother. Please send and I would love to take a look at it. Good luck!