I've started work on another widget for Fusion 2.5! This one is a touchscreen SHMUP/Touhou control widget.
I based the controls and shooting mechanics on the new game from ex-Crossy Road devs, Shooty Skies.
I'm pretty proud of how it's turning out and how good it feels to move the ship around. What do you guys and gals think?
Watch the preview video and let me know if you have any feature requests!
- Set the ship's speed, or set it to immediately move to the user's touch position
- Control options: Direct (ship moves directly to your finger) or Relative (touch and drag to move the ship relative to your finger's position)
- "Cutscene" handling (set a flag to force the ship to move to a position, ignoring user input until it gets there)
- Set your own screen boundaries for the ship's movement
- Automatic target re-positioning if the user pushes against the screen boundaries using the Relative control mode (see 1:22 in the video above for an example of this)
- Shooting and charge-shot handling built in!
- Works with both static and scrolling games
- Change the control settings in game in real time!
Here's a download of the APK if you'd like to try it yourself