User Tag List

Thread: Google Play's New 'Ad Supported' tick box and Admob

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google Play's New 'Ad Supported' tick box and Admob

Following on from Google's tantrum over Privacy and Cookies notices required in all apps and websites, their latest curved ball to publishers is that you have to specifically declare whether you have ads in your apps. All my 80+ apps with advertising in were already clearly labelled in my descriptions that they contained ads plus the privacy and cookies notice. After receiving the usual Google email saying you have until 11th January to check the Ad Supported box in Pricing and Distribution or your apps could be removed, I diligently went through all ticking the Yes box. All these apps are free.

I have a second Google account with all the same apps but paid for (50p each, the minimum you can do). None of these apps contain any kind of advertising but when I check the new 'No Adverts' box I get this message:

We found Ad SDKs in your application

We detected Ad SDKs in one or more of your active APKs:

version: 3, sdk: AdMob

If your app is serving ads, please change your ads declaration to 'Yes'. Failure to accurately declare the presence of ads is a policy violation and may result in your app's removal from Google Play.

So I'm forced to tick the Yes box and have a banner added by Google saying the app is Ad Supported, when it isn't. This would put me off buying it and I don't sell that many in the first place.

When I make an app, I produce the no ads version first with no ad objects and nothing ticked in the old deprecated Admob properties box. I then copy the Fusion file into another folder and add the advertising for the free version. Some of my apps showing this message from Google are made with API 14 but others are using API 19 and built quite recently.

I have written to Google and if I get a reply I'll add it here but has this issue been addressed in any recent updates? I am using Fusion Developer build R285.1

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If your application where built using old runtime where the admob was integrated with the runtime that may happens, latest runtime have admob as separated object and does not use unless developer really need it.

admob object also was updated and will be available for next update.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK thanks Fernando. So I'll have to rebuild all my apps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rebuilding with latest runtime does indeed remove the alert message from Google when you check the 'No Ads' box.

I'm surprised no-one else has had this problem but in case someone has, here's the reply I got from Google:

I understand you are concerned about the warning you are seeing regarding ads within your app.

Please declare whether your app has ads or not in the Pricing & Distribution tab just below the list of countries.

If the app has an ad SDK, but it doesn’t display ads to users, you can select “No”. However, you’ll want to select “Yes” for any app that actually shows ads to users.

For more information about Ads Badging, please see the following Help Center article: https://support.google.com/googlepla...wer/113469?ads

Personally, as I have a very low opinion of Google in the trust department, I will still be rebuilding all my apps, so that warning alert goes away, as come 10th January I can see apps being suspended for not being Google Policy compliant.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I e-mailed google and also got that response, "you can choose no even if that was detected and no ads are shown in game"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that Google's policy is always 'you are guilty until you prove that your innocent', so they will likely suspend an app if you've ticked 'No', if their system believes you are showing ads even if you're not. BTW If you've opted your game into 'Designed For Families' in the past, that 'No' box is already ticked by default.

And I'm not paranoid, just the receiver of Google's type of justice on more than one occasion. My last example was my game Tidy Up. Someone complained to Google I was infringing their copyright using the name Tidy Up. My app was suspended immediately. In short I managed to prove that I owned the rights to the game name 'Tidy Up' since 2001 and Google accepted my appeal. No apology, no suspension of the other app of the same name, just my game suspended for 2 weeks while I messaged back and forth proving my innocence.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indeed you are right with Google seems that the policy is that way, you are suspended until you prove your innocence, happens to me with admob, I got suspended in one day during testing the object, since it was tested in several devices and I forgot to add the device id of all of them.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...