User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 times bigger file size?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 100 times bigger file size?

Hey guys

I'm just wondering if anyone knows why the iPhone version of my game is roughly 100 times bigger than the Android version? Literally the Android version is 26MB, and the iPhone version is 265MB. I did export as XCode Final Project which supposedly cuts out all unnecessary extensions, but... much bigger file.

I really can't explain the difference knowing little about the conversion process. I don't know if it's on Apple's side or Fusions side, but I'm suspecting Fusion bundled a lot of information in that my game didn't need. A little light being shed on the situation would be very helpful.

Cheers
    Simflare

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a big part of it is all the apple required massive preload screen bitmaps.. though it shouldn't be that much of a difference

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I figured it's got something to do with pre-packaged stuff that Fusion thinks the game will need, like extensions n stuff. I really dunno. It would be great if I could cut the file size down

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Images that you include for loading screens, are taking a lot..
    If you want you can make them black, then it's not that much..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200 Megabytes? Are you sure about that? By loading screens do you mean the launch images? There's only 4 of them and I can't see how they would be 200 MB. I'm using all of the same images I used on Android which was only 26MB? Maybe you could explain a bit more please.

Where would I change these images and how would I test this theory? Just change the launch images in Fusion under iOS properties, is that it? And then would I just export another .cci file or would I have to export the entire project? Or is it something I change in XCode?

Cheers

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the launch images.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not about the images, this is due to two reasons, the inclusion of physical support in Fusion 2.5 with Box 2D version and also because 32 and 64 bits is generated.

I think Anders explain this long ago, I asked at the time if not physically use in my game can eliminate this so not weigh much and the answer was negative.

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The images are only 10-20 Mb difference... but yes if it's over 200 Mb, then it's because of the 32 and 64 together now.
    Thank Apple for that
    And does it matter? people are liking large downloads sometimes..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does sound like an enormous difference, my apps are usually closer to something like 5mb on android and 15mb on ios f.ex.
    I would suspect the sounds and music, i wonder if perhaps .ogg is supported on android but get's converted to .wav on ios? or something like that.. do you have a lot of long sound files and in which format? maybe someone knows exactly which formats are supported and which are converted on each platform?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is sound files are the cause. iOS only uses mp3 and Fusion converts to mp3 on export if I remember correctly, unless you are using wav files. Wav are left alone, but are larger in size. It is possible the Android exporter doesn't do this conversion.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast