User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 100 times bigger file size?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi AND,

I spent this day doing the same!
    I also tried 4-bit ADPCM, was able to get super small .wav files but unfortunately, it didn't play correctly on Fusion or iOS devices. :/

I'm using different sample rates for different audio. For example, some of my audio doesn't have high frequencies, so I go as small as 6,000 kHz. When I need "sharper" audio, I use 16,000 kHz. I'm using 16bit as 8bit has too much noise.
    It's a bit silly to play around like this, but I think I'm going to get an okay sounding result. The size will be around 2½ bigger than on Android, but I just gotta live with that I suppose.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi J3sseM,

Great that you tried out all the different sample rates and we agree on 16 bit 16.000 kHz being acceptable!

I didn't experiment going down to 6.000 kHz!! I mostly use Cubase which goes down to 8.000 kHz, but thanks to you I just checked Wavelab and that can handle 6.000 kHz.

I tried ADPCM too thinking it would be a good way out of this compression problem, but no luck here either. I also thought about adding compressed music tracks to Xcode afterwards as external files, but I couldn't get that to work either. At least we know where we stand until Fusion 3 comes out so we can move forward on the audio side of things and not waste any more time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello AND i tried "IMA ADPCM" it doesnt play anything but "Microsoft ADPCM" works fine in fusion but i dont have a mac to test it on. Could you try it and let me know if it works with the ios exporter on an actual device?! (I converted to Microsoft ADPCM via Audacity just for info!)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Hello AND i tried "IMA ADPCM" it doesnt play anything but "Microsoft ADPCM" works fine in fusion but i dont have a mac to test it on. Could you try it and let me know if it works with the ios exporter on an actual device?! (I converted to Microsoft ADPCM via Audacity just for info!)
    Hi Manuel, I think it could be working ok for you because you are developing on Microsoft Windows, but when I tested it didn't work on MacOS or iOS. I just tried a Microsoft ADPCM music file again in my project and, in Data Elements information, Fusion reports the ADPCM file as an MP3 file type. When I preview the file in F2.5 it doesn't play and when I exported the project to Xcode and tried it on my iPad it didn't play on that either.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, yes im on Windows10. I dont know much about all this audio stuff, im just testing around in audacity since 3 days because later on i will also have this problem with the app size. I have lot of high quality music tracks where everything below 16bit 22050khz gives me little static noise in the background also stereo is very important to me and thats just to big in WAV size, way to big^^

Thanks for testing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Manuel No problem!

I wanted to use a lot of music tracks too, but only being able to work with .wav on iOS has scuppered those plans for the time being.

If I'm still working on this by the time Fusion 3 comes out, I'm seriously thinking of importing all the graphics and audio files into F3 and recoding everything.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Fusion 3 is for sure going to be awesome and porting over would be fast of course if you have the code already, but i think it will take long time until they reach the same level as Fusion 2.5 considering all the extensions. Im making a platformer game for android first and later for ios and i choose fusion because of all the nice stuff there (Platform Movement Object, Google Play and App Center Service, Apk-Expansion file support, Admob, IAP Payment, ....). And im not an pro software developer i just know the basics so i cannot develop this extensions myself i would have to wait.^^

But lets see what time brings and maybe i just dont care and publish a 400MB game on ios Also considering apple devices are high end only so they dont have that much storage issues like all the low end android devices out there.

I also asked on the Bugtracker and Yves said they have maybe possible plans to fix the issue but at the moment they are very busy and it takes time. Lets hope ....! - http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/3887

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great that you asked on Bugtracker and got a nice positive explanation from Yves

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5