User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Music stop sounding when you go to the springboard and then return to your game

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SpringBoard (more commonly known as the Home Screen), is the standard application that manages the iOS home screen.

I made an example .mfa which includes my background atmosphere sample (under water bubbles) on an infinite loop. This is an .ogg file, but I've also tried with mp3s and wavs and the same problem occurs. Please try exporting it to Xcode and installing it on an iOS device. You'll see a blank white screen, but you should hear the under water bubbling sound FX loop. Then minimise the app to the home screen and switch back to it. The sound sample doesn't resume playing.

Well I just tried uploading the .mfa but it wouldn't upload. Then I found the maximum file size allowed for an .mfa is 1MB, but the minimum file size of an iOS .mfa seems to be 4.3MB, even if it is totally void of code or data elements.

Anyway, all I have in the event editor is:

Start of Frame - Play sample Under Water Bubbles (uninterruptible) 0 times

Please could you try this with any sound sample?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    What is the springboard?
    Not sure I understand what you mean by that.
    Exactly what you explained "AND" friend in the previous post, Springboard is the HOME SCREEN, so defines it Apple in its Guideline.

And the bug is exactly what I've reported only that the friend "AND" gives more details. I again stress that this bug is not present in other exporters, only in iOS and now for some time. Do you think that Anders can take a look?

Thank you very much for your help,

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed you can resume the background sound sample by pressing the off button on the iPad while the 'silent' app is maximised. When you press the button again and slide to unlock, the app is still there full screen and the sound sample resumes playing. But of course you can't explain that to the people playing your app!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've added a test .mfa to the bugbox report that José posted http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/3340

It only seems to be a problem when you select "Play and Loop Sample" as an instruction, because all the other sound effects in my project resume when the app is maximised again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SOLVED!!! Well I hope so! José you'll have to try this out.

The problem seems to be with 'uninterruptible' 'Play and Loop Sample'.

The solution is DON'T tick the 'uninterruptible' box. Then the background loop resumes when the app is maximised again.

I don't really understand the uninterruptible option. I've always put all my sounds as uninterruptible, as it seems logical that I don't want the sounds to be interrupted. But now I have the background loop playing perfectly and the other sound effects still don't interrupt it.

Well I'm very happy now Thanks José for bringing up this problem. I'd come across it earlier, but I'd left it to carry on with other work. Now you inspired me to try again.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Music stop sounding when you go to the springboard and then return to your game

Thank you my friend, I will try my game, incredible that this option is supposed to be doing the opposite problem. Like still a bug and should solve annoying because it makes edit the code to iOS and Android. Thanks by attach the MFA in my report on the Bugbox! 😉

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works perfect! We will have to deactivate this code for musical environments of our games. I'll try if there is no problem with disabling this feature on Android. I do not believe that Anders may review this now for his work on Fusion 3.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great news! I'm going to check on Android too

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    SOLVED!!! Well I hope so! José you'll have to try this out.

The problem seems to be with 'uninterruptible' 'Play and Loop Sample'.

The solution is DON'T tick the 'uninterruptible' box. Then the background loop resumes when the app is maximised again.

I don't really understand the uninterruptible option. I've always put all my sounds as uninterruptible, as it seems logical that I don't want the sounds to be interrupted. But now I have the background loop playing perfectly and the other sound effects still don't interrupt it.

Well I'm very happy now Thanks José for bringing up this problem. I'd come across it earlier, but I'd left it to carry on with other work. Now you inspired me to try again.
    Can you upload printscreen where i can find 'uninterruptible' box ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's where you find the 'Uninterruptible' check box. It is unchecked by default, but I got into the habit of making all my sounds uninterruptible and that's when I came across the sound cutting off when you minimise the app on an iOS device.

1. Right click under the sound icon.
    2. Choose 'Samples' / 'Play and Loop Sample'
    3. The 'Play and Loop' popup window appears
    4. The 'Uninterruptible' check box in the bottom right hand corner.

This minimising to the home screen problem on iOS devices doesn't happen when you select only 'Play Sample' from the drop down menu. It only happens when you need to loop the sample.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast