User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D game (made with P3D): Quadratic Attack 3D (looking for feedback and suggestions!)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3d world runner maybe?

Good job, HGF! Looks great! Schrodinger - you have single-handedly changed the face of Fusion! P3D is sick!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, getting ideas of a Megaman Legends type game with this engine.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, I've decided now that I'm going to finish making the first boss battle before uploading the demo. Shouldn't take too long, though, so hopefully in a few days (early as later today if it's a lot easier than I expect it to be, probably next week at the latest) it will be ready...

@Ziplock Good point, there were games like that which were pretty much 3D, even if it was still TECHNICALLY pseudo-3D, it sure is close enough.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ohhh this was cool guys, never seen before:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSvcbn9HFHQ

seems like a fixed "scrolling animation" background,
    and scaling sprites
    no rotations nor polygons
    VERY pseudo actually

but nevertheless high praise to the creativity and resourcefulness of early game designers!

@Ziplock: too kind of you! And it was definitely two handedly, it took me ages to "complete" this

@Happygreenfrog: can't wait to finally try Quadratic Attack 3D... and see what you're going to think up for the bossfight!!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the absolute basics of the boss fight are implemented... well, except for attacking, which is pretty important.

The demo will probably be out a bit sooner than I expected... though that may not mean today.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Arrgghhh that damn Electric Quadratic,
    fragged me about eight times before even finding an approach-strategy!
    Three-lightning-attack was nightmareish!
    But now I've finally got its electro-blaster - ha!

Also, the main stage itself took me three times to beat, usually due to electric grids.

Great work man!!

It's addictive!

Sometimes I found a little awkward turning left-right with the additional keys, but can't think of a more comfortable solution.
    I guess a "strafe key" would be even less handy, given that you would be more strafing that turning.
    (or maybe inverting the function? Hold key=turn, no key=strafe?)

Also, you did a great job with walls, didn't found Z-sorting issues!

Performances also very good, on my computer it ran smooth at full specs and 60FPS.

You plan on doing additional closed-environments levels,
    or change settings / i.e. floating corridors - fall in the void ones?
    (last ones would also remind me of megaman - in a very nasty way!)

Very cool and fun!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under gameplay options, you could enable mouselook for better turning controls. That being said, yeah, the left and right turning takes getting used to, I know, but it was the best solution I could find that wasn't mouselook... besides, you only ever have to turn to change the direction you are moving in. For aiming you can just move left and right anyways (though mouselook lets you aim a bit better using just turning, using left and right movement still gives you extra precision). Also of note is that I did try it with a strafing button at one point, and I also tried an inverted strafing button (e.g. you strafe UNLESS you press the button). It worked okay, but I think this works a bit better (and also works better with the Xbox 360 controller support, with the shoulder buttons rotating the camera).

As for the levels, I think I have a rather fun idea for the next level. It will probably be a bit more open, but still won't feature bottomless pits (the game will probably never have bottomless pits, due to one specific optimization I made making it hard to implement them... mainly, the ground level is set to 0, and the lowest platforms that can show up show up at that height, so that it can safely paste those platforms into the background on the collision layer, thus improving performance... and I don't know if I'm describing the optimization very well, but the point is, it would be harder to do than you might expect, so I'll probably just go without it anyways).

As for the game being hard, well, that's kinda intentional.

Lastly, I sadly have yet to implement the Electric Blaster as a weapon for the player... that should be coming fairly soon. Speaking of coming fairly soon, now that the basics of the game are set up, it shouldn't take nearly as long for the next stage to get made...

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very fun concept and clean production,
    will be waiting for what's next

I also find music end FX very fitting, adding much to the retro style.

Curious to see what you'll create on next levels - and try the new weapon(s)!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, another thing, for anybody who likes the game: Feel free to tell friends and family about the game. I wouldn't mind the extra attention.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast