User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: 3D game (made with P3D): Quadratic Attack 3D (looking for feedback and suggestions!)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, a few days ago, somebody live-streamed Quadratic Attack 3D (and Adventure of the Star Twins), and they just uploaded the archived version to YouTube:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now I finally know how to get past those knights
    (and he did it in just three tries.. either this guy is particularly good, or I'm particularly bad!)

Superb work with your games btw, I've been watching all the parts I still had missed during last hour,
    really clever and inspired stage design, you had lot of interesting ideas to pull out a whole set of different gaming experiences for the player.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, thanks! I actually plan on using feedback from the livestream (from the streamer, from people in the chat, and from people in the comments section on YouTube) to improve the game, including improving the maze segment of the Explosive Quadratic's stage. Yes, that means that the puzzle in question is going to be easier, and yes, that means the maze gimmick is going to get introduced better, and yes, that means that I'm going to try to introduce the counter attack enemies better as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, GameJolt sites are a new feature that exist now.

I made one for Quadratic Attack 3D, if anybody is interested: https://happy_frog_games.gamejolt.io...atic_attack_3d

I know, it's pretty barebones, but eh, whatevs, it exists now at least.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quadratic Attack 3D verison 0.8.3 was just released!
    Expanded stages, improved bosses, and an entirely new soundtrack are the biggest new things about this version.
    https://gamejolt.com/games/quadratic_attack_3d/118422

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey hgf!

Great, a new Quadratic Attack 3D release, I'm getting it

If you don't mind a question,
    sorry if you already talked about this and I didn't notice/couldn't remember,
    but I often wondered why the Flame Quadratic doesn't have his own "stage"?

(if a design choice or if you just didn't have time or inspiration enough to make it )

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Flame Quadratic is kind of a long story, but to put it simply, the original concept for their "stage" was going to be that you were going to fight them in something of an elaborate chase sequence while battling them. Then the tree hitboxes didn't wanna cooperate, so I had to make due with an extra-tough boss battle, and recently I changed that into a much cooler two-phase boss battle. To be honest, I've been considering adding in a third phase to make the boss even more ridiculous, but I'm worried that'd make it too hard and/or too long.

It's also something of a nod to the first game, which was just boss battles.

I... might actually do a proper Flame Quadratic stage at some point if I can get any ideas that are nearly as good as my original thoughts for what the boss could have been like, though.

(Maybe a 3D shoot 'em up stage where you fly in above the forest? Actually, hmm, that's not a bad idea...)

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ah thanks, that makes sense!

A shoot 'em up stage where you fly in above the forest sounds fantastic btw, in case you'll ever do

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9