User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D game (made with P3D): Quadratic Attack 3D (looking for feedback and suggestions!)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3D game (made with P3D): Quadratic Attack 3D (looking for feedback and suggestions!)

NOTE: This post has been updated as of August 20th, 2016. The original contents of the post remain in tact, but you may wish to just watch the video, and then scroll down to the new information below it, starting from the "FIRST UPDATE!" section.

So, for those of you who don't know yet, someone (schrodinger) has been working on a 3D engine for CF2.5, and I've been beta-testing it. The engine is called P3D, and it's kinda awesome. The thread for it is here (you can also find a video of a slightly older version of the game I've been making with it): http://community.clickteam.com/threads/93442-P3D-project-status-update

Also, anybody remember that game I submitted for the 20-event competition? Quadratic Attack: Dr. Blocky Strikes? Here's a link to the thread for that 20-event competition, or, more specifically, a post in that thread that had a download link to all the games for it (I don't know if it still works, though, hopefully it does!): http://community.clickteam.com/threads/91840-4th-20-event-competition!?p=662831&viewfull=1#post662831

And, with that out of the way, here's some pre-alpha footage of a game I've been making with a beta version of P3D (some advance warning: there is a part near the end that may be a bit dizzying/nausea-inducing... though not any more so than something like Portal as far as I know):

Yes, I know the game doesn't have very many sound effects yet, that's one of the many reasons this is just pre-alpha footage. The game may look laggy from the footage, but if your computer is good enough, and/or you run the game with low enough graphical settings, it can, in fact, run at a full 60FPS with no lag (or 30FPS with no lag on lower-end computers), it's just that the recording software I use adds extra lag, forcing me to run it at minimum settings, with it still somehow lagging a bit anyways.

So, what do you guys think? I'm open to suggestions and feedback.

Lastly, if this thread feels a bit rushed/not proof-read very well, then, well, that's because it wasn't, a sibling of mine was rushing me to finish it because they wanted to play with me.

Now, off to go play with them...

FIRST UPDATE!

(I only noticed the option to do this recently. Must be a new feature or somethin'.)

The game is playable here: http://gamejolt.com/games/quadratic-attack-3d/118422

It has been for a while, but since this first post didn't mention it, I thought it would be worth mentioning.

Also, a GIF of the Ice Quadratic's stage:

And the GFYCat version of it: https://gfycat.com/CreativeReflectingAcornbarnacle

Lastly, here's an already-outdated screenshot of the Flame Quadratic's stage:

Flame_Quadratic_stage.png

So, yeah, lots of progress since that first video!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOOh ! great !!!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice.....fine....

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pretty Cool HappyGreenFrog!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AWESOME! i remember this from the 20 event (sum of those bosses gave me a run for my money lol) This looks really promising. if u get sum nice running animations in there and sum cool enemies with nice attack patterns this will b great. the nausea warning made me laugh last part reminds me of sonic 2 bonus stage, with a hint of that snes contra 3 3D-ish level. interested to see how this progresses.

keep at it dude!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks nice, I look forward to seeing what you all do with it!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHINBAXTER View Post
    AWESOME! i remember this from the 20 event (sum of those bosses gave me a run for my money lol) This looks really promising. if u get sum nice running animations in there and sum cool enemies with nice attack patterns this will b great. the nausea warning made me laugh last part reminds me of sonic 2 bonus stage, with a hint of that snes contra 3 3D-ish level. interested to see how this progresses.

keep at it dude!
    Thanks!

It may not be noticeable in the video, but there IS, in fact, a running animation already... though I don't know if it qualifies as a good one. I may work on the running animation more in the future, but I think it's acceptable for now, especially since I think there are some things that are a higher priority than running animations before releasing an alpha build... such as actually having a boss to fight, and having permission from the person who made the 3D engine to actually upload the alpha build of the game, since, while he's given me permission to upload videos of games made in the engine, he hasn't yet given me permission to upload the games in question themselves (which is basically the main reason I haven't yet done so).

Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So cool gameplay, I like the creative way you used 3D objects
    (trap-damage, blocks to activate, open doors)
    and, again, the rotating dizzying part

Out of curiosity,
    since you're using NES palettes and everything to recreate a NES-era feel,
    -if you know- did the NES ever had some similar kind of game?

Can't recall anything vaguely "3Dish" at the time,
    aside from fake, forced perspectives,
    did I miss that?

I guess this was way over its graphic/chipset capabilities?

Still it feels like a NES (megaman) game, great job

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the NES wasn't really capable of the sort of 3D in question (though a version of the rotating dizzying part might have been possible in a form of pseudo 3D), but there were some basic pseudo 3D games for it (e.g. some levels of Contra), and the occasional and VERY rare wireframe 3D one like the NES port of the original Elite.

That being said, the point of this is to look like an NES game, but in 3D, despite the limits of the NES, so it's not staying 100% true to the NES's limits aside from the color palette (and even then the lighting messes with that a bit ), and the musics (though the musics weren't possible on the NES, they WERE possible on the Famicom, the Japanese version of the NES)... I'm guessing I got the feeling across correctly, considering what you said?

P.S. You guys are probably going to be able to play a short demo really, really soon...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you got the feeling right

Looking forward to try it and test the gameplay then!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast