User Tag List

Thread: Interested in buying, have some questions

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2XNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interested in buying, have some questions

I'm interested in buying Install Creator Pro. I've had some time to experiment with it thanks to a client I've worked with in the past.

I've got a fairly important question however, so here it is;

Is it possible to automate the product code generation process in conjunction with an online store?

Recently, I watched the instructional video that Jeff Vance put up on youtube about a year ago. It seems to be only feasible for generating reg codes and user details manually.

Here is what I would like to do, hopefully it's possible;

A buyer goes to my online store and chooses to buy Product A. On the purchase page he is asked for the following details; First Name, Last Name, E-Mail Address.
    Additional details such as 'what version' may also be asked but we'll just assume there is one version in this case.

User enters his details and then payment details. After payment is verified by the system he receives an e-mail containing his registration details;
    First Name: John
    Last Name: Doe
    E-Mail: John@Doe.com

Registration Code: ABCE FGHI JKL10

John Doe, my fictional buyer then runs the installer and enters these details, but he spells his e-mail address wrong so the installer tells him some of his details are wrong. He corrects it and he is able to install.

Is it possible to create a set-up such as this so that I don't have to do it manually for each person? Is there a detailed guide for doing so?
    I can set up an online store easily enough. I need to automate the registration process. It is not remotely feasible to do that manually, especially if a product takes off in a big way. I'd be spending the rest of my life doing that
    So I imagine it must be doable. How is it done?

Thanks for reading.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The only way to do it with the current version of ICP is to generate a list of registration codes (short codes only) and put them in a database on your server. And them for each purchase you get the next serial from this database.

The installer won't check the name or email, short registration codes don't depend on the user name or email.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2XNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, at least there's a way. Thank you, Yves.