User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Earth:Anarchy A free-roaming postapocalyptic RPG

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your posts y'all! Appreciate it! it really is a huge project but I don't mind the challenge!!! Thankfully most of the mechanics are actually done...crafting,fighting,brewing,repairing...equip ping weapons etc...all of that is already working perfectly. It's just a matter of deciding what weapons and armor to put in the game...but that's the fun part there are already, bare hands,knuckles,knives,axes and pipes available as melŰe weapons. Only a handgun and a shotgun are available as firearms so far but that will change in the battle there are already 4 types of grenades available, the difference here is that htey are reall useful. The normal one is not so fun maybe but the fire grenade...enemies who are not immune against fire also suffers a 25%(Default,will become a higher % if you level up that skill) damage to their defence. Flash grenades lowers their hitrate by 50% for 45 seconds...additional flash grenades can be thrown during those 45 seconds to lower it even more...making a tough enemy as good as unavailable to land a hit on you. a few grenades a long with an adrenaline injection on yourself (Makes the battle gauge go up much faster but has a cooldown mode where it goes very slow for a short amount of time) gives you plenty of rounds to kick some ass then there's the stun grenade...the enemy will freeze up for a while and can't move/attack. So those grenades are really useful here. Then we have Captain Chaos...a one-shot rocketlauncher that hits all enemies and makes double damage of your current explosives skill!

Throwing knives...they do 50% of your current strength but also have a 20% chance to cause bleeding on an enemy...making them lose HP every few seconds!
    a Dartgun, can be loaded with 2 different kinds of darts, stun effect darts or bleed effect darts and they always hit.
    Siding with the bandits can eventually give you a walkie talkie. When fighting outside you can use it one time per battle with a 50% chance that a bandit on a motorcycle performs a driveby shooting on all enemies. Pretty cool!

then there's health potions and other healing objects you can use of course! That's what I have so far while fighting enemies

I want to fill out that form but the game is far away until release unfortunately. I don't want to fill out that form too early. Maybe it's better when I know that it will be released within a few months? Gonna try and make a gameplay video soon Beware though! I have no experience with editing movies so the video itself might not look so professional

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exploring is not only limited to dry land...but who knows what lurks below Got the idea for diving 2 days ago and just had to put it in! The image is cut in the middle of the diving animation just so you knowif you think it looks weird or something

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And really...BEWARE when exploring

AND...don't edit the savefile...I know I know...Editing the ini can be so tempting but it won't work! Well technically you CAN edit the ini, but if you change anything...THIS (My little simpson parody) or another random animation will play, the game will know if the file's been tampered with and exit, meaning your savefile will become useless! Just a head's up! I didn't think about doing it at first but when I found a way to do this without blowfish or any other special extentions I said "Why not then?" RPG's shouldn't be played with cheats IMHO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another screenie! Take your mind off the beast slaying and completing quests for a while and enjoy the beaut...ehh...nature...and catch a rotted body part or something Damn photobucket...They mess up the quality of the screens...oh well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You made a huge work, and the game looks very good and full of playing opportunities
    very cool project, wish you all the best!
    (both to finally reach a conclusion and for the title to reach its audience)

If I can make a question, I wonder how "big" the world is / you plan it to be?
    (maybe in terms of "screens / zones")

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot I'm going all out with this...not holding back on ANYTHING!!! If i come up with a feature for the game,and feel that I can add it without too much trouble...it's in! In my head it's gonna be a very very large World...that's why I have put in fast travel haha. Not every single screen is a fast travel point but there will be plenty of locations and never too far to walk if you're lazy . Since the game is not linear it must be quite large. I have no idea in terms of screens/zones really. I'm up to 45 different screens right now I think. Some of them scrolls but for the most part it will be nonscrolling screens but with several paths to choose from instead. I'm doing many screens in the same frame so that's why I will go easy on scrolling frames. It took a while for me to realise that doing as much as you can on one frame is the best option so I have 25 different frames now. but the latest frames have 14 different areas so far. I'm gonna go 16000 events on every frame from now on haha. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with the insane amount of work that has been put in to this...sometimes it's a labour of hate but for the most part not.

It's a one man job so it will unfortunately take time, but everytime I open the project something gets made or fixed so there's progress constantly. My tester (Who loves the game I might add and plays it from the beginning over and over again ) is doing a great job when it comes to finding bugs and glitches and I also talk ideas with him all the time "Is this a good feature or not?" etc. That is very helpful! but you can expect a large game with plenty of stuff to do, quests with more depth than just killing a guy or finding lost items (not fond of fetch quests)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gameplay video (Crap quality)

Ok my friends...I have no idea how to make a good gameplay video so this is what I have for now...sorry for the crappy quality with no sound If someone have any advice for this stuff please feel free to explain how to make a good video. I did try to record with sound but it was laggy and the sound was crappy in the actual video. At least it will show you some actual gameplay Hmm the embedding link only showed up as text here when i copied it from Youtube so I don't know what's wrong :S

https://youtu.be/lUqDN6selgk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cooool work!
    Very nice, detailed and looks really "wide" and open.

(Pooor Harold!! )

For the video:
    if your screen capture software does a bad job,
    you could plug a mp3 recorder to your speakers/pc aux socket and then merge video/audio
    Maybe this could hiss a little though.

I think sounds in a video are generally better added in post-editing,
    but I can see your original sounds/fx are already in place and would require twice the work post-adding them again

maybe tweaking a little sound quality in your screen recording software could do the trick as well..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks yeah I'm trying my best to give the player a rich experience. I don't want my RPG's to be a linear adventure. It's about exploring and doing "your thang" hehe. Yeah that software I used was a free one called Srecorder...with no settings what so ever. Only with or without sound haha. I am pretty comfortable working with sounds and recording software (Cubase 4 Life) so making a silent video and then adding music/sound is one option but i think it can be quite timeconsuming. I will try and make something better soon! At least you got to see the game in action! And about Harold....well...whining about bandits and "boohoo I can't take my own stuff back because I'm too scared too shot someone in the face" He had it coming! That's what I like...you can do what you want here...kill and be feared, or be the "lovable-goody two shoes-I stopped breastfeeding when I was 15-Hero"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I tried to make another recording...used a microphone against the speakers instead of the built in one in my laptop because that one didn't record sound well...this video is not amazing either though but I guess it's better than no sound at all! You at least get to hear some of the music I have composed Hope you like it and that it fits the mood of the game I'm aiming for!

https://youtu.be/TT-o427wvZo

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TT-o427wvZo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(WHY does it become like this, just showing text when you copy the embedding code)?!?!?!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast