Thread: Earth:Anarchy A free-roaming postapocalyptic RPG

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earth:Anarchy A free-roaming postapocalyptic RPG

OK this will be a long post and I hope you can stay with me here

Choosing the right time to announce the game you're working on is never easy. Early announcements is good because you can get a lot of input from people and change stuff. That is a little harder in the final stages of the production...And you're probably very eager to show your creations to the world The negative thing is that people must wait before they can play it
    I'm not saying this will attract everyone of course but I hope at least a few people will look forward to this. I'm also aware that I have been announcing projects before and then abandoned them. That is not the case here. I've been working hard but quiet for over 8 months now I think, on this free roaming, postapocalyptic RPG called "Earth:Anarchy" I have no intention of leaving this project because of two major reasons.

1. I have done so much work and I'd hate to see that go to waste.
    2 I love working on it!
    I do everything alone though so that is one reason that it takes longer time...all music,animations, the "code" yeah, you name it
    I don't want to spoil too much of the story because what the player gets to read in the intro scene is not all there is to it...but I can type that part here

"It all began in the early days of the 21:st century. A private company known as Primitivus Tech Group invented technology that enabled them to send radio signals through galaxies at extremely high speed in hope to find intelligent life on other planets. They were warned as well as encouraged from other research institutions to go ahead with their plans. In July 2020 they sent another message with our planets exact coordinates. In a galaxy named Hera XK2 a response was sent back to us. They were coming...

We were completely naked and had no idea what the aliens had in mind for us when they would arrive. When the big news came out that these extraterrestrial visitors were coming, we tried to reassure ourselves that there was no way they would travel such a great distance just to wipe us out. Though,history has told us over and over again that when strong meets weak, the weak loose, so everyone felt fear but tried their best to cover it up.
    The trip took them 4 years and when their ships came down from the sky the whole world became paralysed and soon enough, all hell broke loose. They did not come in peace..

The whole world was a battlefield for a long time but all humans, regardless of which religion or race they belonged to, united and we were actually able to defeat them. With this happy ending, we all thought the war was over. Our naive minds also thought that humans would finally start treating each other with more respect after joining hands on the battlefield against the enemy. An event like this should've been a wake up call about what really matters in life. Friends,family,love and respect. We were wrong....

A big meeting with all the leaders of the world soon made it clear that the human race is a cold,egoistic and greedy one
    Every country wanted the alien technology left behind for themselves and when they couldn't agree with each other, the real war started. Russia launched a nuclear warhead first against the U.S.A, who returned their fire and before long, the whole world was engulfed in flames. The war had no winners, only loosers.

But is this the whole truth? This is just what we've been told. What we are left with now is a sad, dead and dangerous world..."

So...yeah...that is what I will reveal for now

Here is a little Q and A about the game features
    Q. Will the game tell me all the time "You must go there and then go there, and don't even think about walking off the beaten path"
    A. Hell no! it's free roaming! (Ok, not like Bethesda's games of course because I don't have the resources for it) but all houses/buildings you see that has a door, you can enter. You are free to take any road you want but some areas will of course be too difficult if your character isn't strong enough.

Q. Will I be able to craft stuff?
    A. So glad you asked. Oh yeah, you will be able to craft different potions and items. Fishing rods,grenades,health pottions and so on. LOTS of different materials for crafting can be found in the game. Pieces of wood,metal,nails,screws,hammers etc etc. total junk can be found too, like dirty glasses, coffee mugs etc. The "useless" stuff can be sold for money so it still serves a purpose.

Q. One thing I was wondering. Can I steal someone's house?
    A. That's what everyone would like to know I believe. Yes you can! Some houses will be "stealable" although you can't just whack the guy and believe it's yours. It requires a little more effort from you! When you finally "Own" it. You can even rent it out. A travelling wasteland merchant can make a much better shop if he/she has a good place to stay!

Q. Do I get to kill anyone I want?
    A.Of course. It's your experience. If you want to go on a killing spree go right ahead. You can kill every NPC you meet, of course this will give you bad karma. Some people will like you more if you have bad karma and others will like you when you have good karma. But sure, if you feel that the reward for a quest was pathetic, go ahead you greedy man and waste them and steal all their stuff
    Some shopkeepers might not want to make business with you if you have bad karma. They will think you are dishonest. If you have killed and looted the bodies and give money to a beggar to regain some good karma, the game will still remember how many you have killed and how many items you have looted from the bodies...that means that some people (Not all) can treat you like a psychopath. Like "Hmm I don't get you. You are friendly but have done terrible things" so there's 3 different ways people can treat you. Maybe there is a way to clean your criminal record too...but it probably won't be cheap And some places will require you to hand in your gun so there are exceptions when you can't resort to violence!
    But you choose how you want to do things! I won't tell you how you must play. If you like the game I would recommend a second playthrough to see all there is in the game. You probably won't be able to do in only 1 playthrough.

Q. Does the game have endless day only?
    A. No...how fun would that be. There is a day/night cycle in the game. Not much too say about it other than that certain things only happen at day or at night, so make sure you visit places both at night and day. Some people will leave for the night and others come out instead for example.

Q. What can you tell me about the heat we will pack?
    A. Ih there will be lots of different weapons and armor. If you run out of bullets you'll always have a meléeweapon to use in battle (some with a chance for making enemies bleed or become stunned for example) Many different firearms will be at your disposal. In battle you will also be able to use "For battle only" items such as grenades,a rocketlauncher,throwing knives etc.

Q. How do the battle work?
    A.The battles will be turnbased. You have a battle gauge that fills up and there will be different stuff that can be executed.

Q.In a game I will not mention by name ( ;-D ) I wanted so much to be able to join the raiders but there was no way for me to do that. Can I join the bad guys in Earth: Anarchy
    A. Bet your ass you can! The bandits, who will be a traditional enemy encounter can be joined. You only have one chance to do that though. If you have become friends with them and there's an encounter, the battle will end immediately with them saying something friendly to you

Q. How does the leveling system work?
    A.You control completely how to build your character. Leveling up only gives you skill points and you are free to use them however you want.

Q. Will there be any minigames?
    A. Yeah but I won't go crazy with them and I'll try to make them feel funny and not too annoying! For now there's a hacking minigame and a fishing minigame. You can pick locksbut I didn't make a minigame for that. If you have the required skill,you just open the door/safe.

Q. Anything else you can tell me?
    A. If you find a shovel you can dig up graves and loot them. When a location has been discovered it will be added to your map so you can fast travel to it. If a fight is about to happen (a "!" will be shown above your head, you can skip it (In the beginning you can skip three times, then you must sleep or take caffeine tablets to replenish that feature)

Q. And finally. Will the game be infested with bugs and glitches?
    A. Probably yes No I try my best to smash all the bugs and correct all weird things. I have a guy who gets parts of the game all the time to play through and he explore every inch of every screen and reports back to me with everything he finds! So far so good...100% fixing rate! That doesn't mean there won't be weird stuff that we missed. I hope it will not be a glitchfest when it's ready though!

So there you have it! I know it was a long read and I'm sorry but I want to share as much as Info as I can for now. And believe me! As long as Fusion plays nice with me (It has so far and I hope that never ever changes ) this game WILL happen!!!! And finally some screenshots.

Showing how night time looks like

(Yes all water is animated in-game )

One of the battle screens

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like you have put a lot of effort in it, would love to see it in action!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah this is my way of parenting haha. I treat this game like it's my kid :-D i never did a gameplay video before but i guess any screen recording software would do. I can try to make something..must do it sooner or later anyway. Glad you took the time to give me some motivation :-D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I would show some GUI's/interfaces as well! I don't want to make these things complicated so I'm trying to keep it rather clean and easy to navigate through. First is the Quest log. Simple but functional I hope

This is how the hacking minigame will work. Some computers will unlock safes and doors while others might just have old e-mails that you can read

So this is the actual e-mail GUI. Just a black background with text didn't do it for me. So i designed this instead (I know ma'am was misspelled there)

Here's something for the people who like to view all their accomplishments

And this is the screen where you build your character

And the ridiculously easy crafting system!

So this is a very big project and a huge undertaking for only one person but I'm enjoying the hell out of this but it will unfortunately take time before this is done but I'm working every day and a lot of stuff has been done! The battle system is more or less finished. It's mostly now about adding more enemies all other functionality works and I might add a few more items that you can use in battle if I can think of anything cool! There's already a lot of stuff you can use.

I hope the RPG enthusiasts here will look forward to it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks huge!

The email system reminds me of Jagged Alliance

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it really is...sometimes i say to myself "are you nuts?" Haha. But your game seems like quite an undertaking as well. It looks really cool! At least i don't have a deadline but of course i want to finish it asap. I work hard on every frame hoping it will give the player the "i want to check everything" feeling :-D haha even my savefile already save/load 550 values and i suspect it will be a lot more than that in the end :-D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mining is available now as well. The better the skill, the more gold or better gemstones you can find

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Klownzilla, hopefully soon you can submit the title to our IndieGameCreator site! http://indiegames.clickteam.com/submission-form

Looking good!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks like a very ambitious project, with a lot of hard work put behind it. Looking forward to seeing the game in action. If you haven't already, now may be a great time start a formal development blog. That way people can link to the project homepage and hopefully get some more buzz around your game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second starvingindie's idea.. look forward to seeing more! Great work so far

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast