User Tag List

Thread: Track object from video?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Track object from video?

I've seen some really impressive stuff done with Fusion on Youtube so I was wondering...

...is it possible to have a video of a red object moving around, have fusion track the 2D screen space movement of that object and save this positional information to apply to another object? Object tracking I guess?

Or failing that, any way to import this kind of positional data from other packages .fbx?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be possible, as i have seen it done.
    I never understood how it was done though, but a video was posted showing just this ( a video background and an Object tracking a specific colored object in the video ) made in Fusion.

I think you have to use the 'compair pixel' condition and some creativity, as those were the hints i was given.
    Like i said, i just saw the video that was posted, not the mfa.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think that's the one I saw, good to know it's possible.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe simply 'allways' loop through every pixel ( or every X pixels to save performance ) on screen, and store the coordinates when the pixel color returns your desired color.
    After you have the selected color data, you simply need to determine where the color is 'clustered' the most ( as there might be stray pixels of the target color scattered around ), and then determine the center of the cluster to get the precise coordinates.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm,sounds complex.

Is there a way you could do it by hand, I guess a manual approach?
    For instance in After Effects you could go frame by frame and create an x,y keyframe position to determine the move, and then use this to drive another object so it seems to stick to the object in the video.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what i remember there is a webcam object that does just that and what I did was download a free video -> webcam emulator (so it played the video through the webcam object) and then you can get objects to track any color or shape or anything really, worked really well from what i remember. Just cant remember which object it is!

EDIT: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/80351-Beta-OpenCapture?highlight=webcam

Andy