User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do I have to publish my games in order to play them on my phone?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I have to publish my games in order to play them on my phone?

Hi everyone!, I'm new here so sorry if this was asked before. A month ago I purchased the full-developer version of Clickteam fusion, and I've been recently thinking of getting the IOS exporter
    because I've been wanting to play my games "portably". However, I don't want the game to be published to the public because I'm not ready for that yet, so I was wondering if it would be possible for me to put my games onto my phone so I'd be the only one to play it without too many complications?

Also, will it work for Iphone 6/IOS 8?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome!
    Yeah, as long as you have a Mac with newest XCode (needed for building iOS apps) you can test your game before publishing it.
    Been a while since I built anything for iOS, but pretty sure it will work on your device and OS.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, thanks!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the next 2 things that I thought of is; Is their a way I can do one without a Mac? because I don't have one, All I have is a windows 7 computer. Also , do I need to sign up to be an "apple developer" even if I don't plan to actually publish my game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your game needs to be run through XCode to compile. You might get luck running XCode in an emulator on your Windows PC, I think there have been successful attempts at doing this. Do a search in the forum about it.
    I don't think you need to sign up as an Apple developer anymore in order to test your games on a device.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can run a mac on VMWare on a PC... without a doubt.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm i'll look into the VMWARE thing. I have a 2007 mac which still works for xcode but to be honest i never use it for much else and it's been a long time since i have made a IOS app due to the hassle and costs of the appstore.

Will defo try this out!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do need to sign up for the free Apple Developer account, but you don't need to pay anything. (even if you just want to manually download your game without publishing it.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VMWare Workstation 12 for Windows is FREE for non-commercial use. El Capitan (latest Mac OS) is also free. you'll need a pc or laptop with plenty of power and at least 8 gigs of RAM to make it run well. It will run with 4 gigs, but not as efficiently. My i7 quad core with 8 Gigs works very well. My other i7 with 4 gigs ram does work, but its much better with 8 gigs.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i spent the evening getting this installed on my PC. It was a bit of a faff at first but at least i can get rid of my old mac. I didn't try USB (ie connecting a ipad to the vm) but i'm sure it will work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast