User Tag List

Thread: bug with bitmap custom buttons on android?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bug with bitmap custom buttons on android?

I am converting some of my standard buttons into bitmapped custom buttons. However, they don't work properly and do some strange things!

I have images set to normal / pressed. Sometimes they don't even work, sometimes they don't show the pressed state and other times they seem to skip running events assigned to them. I spent ages making custom buttons but the app has stopped working normally.

I am running ads on the android.

On the PC everything works as it should. Just wondered if this was a known issue?

I guess I can try just using active objects but it's just a bit more work i guess.

edit: i have tried with actives but they dont really provide a similar effect =(

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    strange,.. got a file? are you useing normal clicks or are you useing the multi touch object?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    normal clicks.. ill try upload a example mfa later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, bitmap buttons seem to have a slight issue on android (for me at least) as in if the buttons are on top of each other (even visable/invisable) the button press causes some weird problem like its registering incorrectly/too quickly and messing things up. It doesn't show the pressed state unless the button is static.

I fixed this by destroying the buttons and then creating them as an object. It still doesn't show the pressed state but its better than nothing. Actives probably would have done the same job though..

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem like you but with normal simple button....

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say for sure without seeing an example, but maybe doing proper multitouch will solve these issues. Click actions do not really work in the mobile touch enviroment. Think of it as the 'virtual' mouse pointer stays in the latest place you touched...it's a mess!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    if you have buttons in the same area and using click it will propagate to all objects under, to avoid this you need to select each object to avoid this or use the multitouch object.

if you post and small mfa it will help others to help you and us to review your events.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an example of the problem.

On PC the custom button works fine and so does normal buttons to my knowledge.

Pressing the two buttons in the mfa however will show the issue, it skips the pressed state when pressed as they are set to dissapear after touch. Please try on android.

colours.mfa

I haven't included an example when technically the buttons are overlaying another button as i found a way around that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had much luck still, i might have to just release the app sooner and maybe fix later. It's still strange when normal buttons work but customs dont produce the pressed state.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see confirm the problem now, having exported your example to .apk.
    Technically very easy to overcome though, if you go with actives and multitouch.