User Tag List

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: P3D - a framework for 3D applications

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought it earlier. You can put the price up now. It'll still be worth it

Great work Schrodinger. Not done much with it yet, but the examples and PDF are great. Superb so far

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow, thanks Caesar,
    you guys are making me proud of my little child

I'm very happy users like it and still more, have fun with it,
    this boosts my determination to improve P3D as much as I can

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is impressive. Good job! I usually use Unity for 3D games, but I bought this just to see how it works. Awesome that you managed to get it working with no extensions and just one shader.

I'm sure you're aware of the texture distortion --- this is because the shader is rendering the quad as if it's just a 2D shape on the screen. In reality, you want your pixels to get more dense with distance.

You could write another shader that applies this correction, but it would be more complex and possibly slower. Still, it's an option you could think of adding in the future.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Walrus - thank you for checking P3D!
    I've seen your awesome work on your website and was curious about your thoughts, as an experienced 3D designer.

Yes I'm aware of the affine, non perspective distortion of the shader (this is entry number 2 of "Limitations" chapter )
    Unfortunately, I've researched a lot, and consulted with 2-3 great shader experts,
    and it seems that true perspective deformation with a pixel shader is not doable
    (on the contrary, it's easily doable with vertex shaders)

..and even if some recursive processing to split the texture in affine sub-units,
    (making for more perspectively-consistent rendering)
    could possibly be tested,
    with the limited power at our disposal
    and with the shader "version" support Fusion currently has,
    this would have been forcedly a very small/limited process,
    one could better do "manually" by preparing smaller textures (32x32, 16x16...)

If you have different infos on pixel shaders perspective distortion capabilities, I would be very happy knowing!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've written many shaders and I think it should be possible. The shader would need to be designed differently than it is now; it most likely needs to have more knowledge of what's going on in 3D.

I'd have to work it out on paper to visualize the actually correct way of doing this... but look at it this way. For any quad that isn't totally perpendicular to the camera view (so it'd be invisible), there exists a function that, using perspective-correct 3D matrix math, transforms a UV coordinate on the quad to an XY coordinate on the screen. Since the mapping is one-to-one (i.e. no two UV coordinates give the same XY coordinate), I see no reason why you can't figure out what the equation is, then use algebra to reverse it, so the XY coordinate of the pixel you're rendering in the shader gets turned into the UV coordinate you sample from.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a very limited experience with shaders (Quad was skillfully crafted by MuddyMole),
    so I can't tell in appreciable detail why similar approaches ended up without luck.

I remember other tests feeding an additional "w" (depth) parameter
    and getting nice but "unconsistent" results: taken singularly the quad was depth-scaling appreciably,
    but in the whole context the overall result looked "wrong" near other quads.

Beside this past experience,
    and the higher number of calculations needed, possibly making for a not bearable / very slow result,
    I can't tell whatever else could go wrong.

If you think you could give it a try,
    visualizing and making some sketch to see whether it could be doable or not,
    I would of course be very interested,
    and if you think it's doable, I'm available for a (reasonable ) reward for your valuable services.

So, if you would like/have time testing your ideas (now or in the future), let's get in touch!
    This would surely solve some current limitations too
    (like the "homogeneous" texture sizes requested for an appreciable scene rendering)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see some extended videos of the different types of gameplay (racing, flying, top-down etc) you've got in the trailer there. I feel like they flick between each gameplay type too quickly so I don't get enough time to study what's going on and whether it'd be worth looking into.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm almost always open for freelance work, so I'll write you a PM in case you'd like to hire me. I'm pretty confident the shader could be made.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Walrus for getting in touch!

@ Kritter:
    I'm planning preparing some playable example too, but unfortunately didn't have time up to now.

Beside this, the engine main focus is getting on screen the "3D scene" you prepare,
    it includes preset movements for general situations (fps, racing, 8directions, flying..)
    but you're absolutely free to create your own and customize the gameplay to fit your game.

For a playable P3D game with a third person camera,
    you can already try Quadratic Attack 3D demo made by Happygreenfrog here
    (action shooter, retro-styled, inpired by megaman NES era)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playable or video would be great, would give potential buyers a chance to better see what they're getting themselves into!

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast