User Tag List

Thread: Collision Problem, Please Help

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collision Problem, Please Help

Hello i'm Duke and i'm new to Clickteam. I am trying to have it where when i fling a frying pan up the egg will go off the screen and i will have to catch it again giving me points and if i don't game over.What I am having trouble with is 2 active objects colliding(the frying pan and the Egg). If i move the Frying pan too fast the egg will go through. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ehehe nice idea
    welcome in the forum btw,

unfortunately sometimes things looking to be very easy, actually have some complications!

This is a very simple solution, but not very clean:
    Flip an Egg_1.mfa

A cleaner solution could involve using fastloops and a custom movement for the egg sprite,
    but maybe a little overcomplicated if you need just a quick app for having fun.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off,Thank you for your help,it's working better now,Also i noticed that you have a badge like thing by your name that says Clickteam 2.5(Steam). I purchased Clickteam through steam, should i have that by my Profile too? I did the Community Passport and it seems to be working because i have access to the forums with (Only registered product owners can post here.) posted beside them but no badge.Lastly do you know of any Tutorials/Examples of Fastloop and/or Custom Movements similar to the Collision i have?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For badges,
    I think you should only need to register your Steam serial in the community passport page,
    but since you already did this...
    ...maybe you need a minimum number of posts for badges/avatar to show up in the forum?
    Sorry I can't remember for sure

The thing you need in your frypan game, beside collision, is also "pushing" the egg and "throwing" it up (I guess)
    can't think of a tutorial showing how to achieve this
    You'll surely find many tutorials on "fastloop movements" searching the forum,
    or online resources
    but this may be a little advanced stuff if you're starting to use Fusion now
    (tbh, i don't think after all it's that bad beginning with advanced stuff.. may push you forward quckly!)

Fusion builtin behaviours are very good and very very handy for many things,
    but if you want pixel-perfect precision and 100% control, seems like you have to go with something customized.

But recreating natural looking gravity, frypan lauching "strength", object's physyc "rotations" depending on where it collides with the pan..
    I won't lie: this could be a real challenge even for an experienced user

Maybe someone knowing Fusion's builtin "Physics engine" better than I do can come up with a good and easy to implement solution,
    I'd be interested in seeing that as well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you could make the frying pan follow an invisible active object and cap the fryingpans speed to the point where the omlette wont fall through it

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK i will look around for some tutorials, i did find a platform game using the invisible active object(or i think it is) and i'll try to implement that into mine.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=252295702

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scilya151 View Post
    you could make the frying pan follow an invisible active object and cap the fryingpans speed to the point where the omlette wont fall through it
    I put the code in the link i shared to my game and it isn't working,though his game is platformer not mouse controlled. Did i do something wrong or will i have to find a way to change it because we are using different movements?
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem was the frying pan was still set to mouse control and im not sure what those events were i changed the frying pan from mouse control to 8 directions and added 1 event

allways> look at invisible pan and set speed to 50
    www.gforg.co.uk/FlipanEgg.mfa

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK thanks for the help, ill check it out.