User Tag List

Thread: Object Not Destroying at Start of Frame Prompt from Global Variable

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Object Not Destroying at Start of Frame Prompt from Global Variable

Hello all, first time posting here. I searched around for an answer to this question but couldn't find any, so I registered.

I'm using an INI/global variables/strings for my saving/loading. I have a variable that tells a certain object to be destroyed at the start of frame, and for the life of me I can't get it to disappear. I have no idea why. All of the other INI data loads and executes properly, I've checked and triple checked the list editor to make sure the ini data and global variables are loading in the proper order; I'm sure that they are. But for some reason the object won't destroy.

Any thoughts?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can you upload an MFA file of the issue?
    One handy debugging tip is to put a sound on the event so you can hear when they trigger.
    In general I have never seen a destroy action not destroying an object so you want to be sure your condition calling it is firing.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the tip! I added a sound to the condition, and the sound isn't playing either. So, like you said, it's a problem with the condition, not the destroy action. I'm still stumped, however.
    The frames you'll want to look at are Main Menu and Home Cemetery 0 [Intro]. Oh, also, you're probably going to have to open it from within Fusion and not by double clicking it; there's some sort of path error with the project.

WASD to move, Space to confirm/advance, Tab to bring up the in-game menu (still in progress, only save and quit work).
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi so i had a look, i made 2 counters that allwas displayed the values of Cem0 Priest Gone and the cousans one as well, nothing is setting it to 1
    when i set the global value to be -1 in proppertys i found that the value would be zero then a seccond later or so go to -1
    also id you chjange the events from = 1 to <>0 they delete and work when the counters go to -1

www.gforg.co.uk/Elis_ForForum.mfa

so the error is 100% not the event or the condition its the setting of the global value

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for taking a look, Scilya. I already had an idea that the problem was the setting of the global value, as earlier I had set it to 1 in the properties and the priest was deleted just fine. So... I'm still stuck. Any ideas why the global value isn't setting correctly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok had anouther look

3 and 4 PC Direction = -2 is a condition

i can see in beginning just below there are objects that use PC Direction = -1
    i cant find anywhere a event that sets PC Direction from -1 to -2 and i have confirmed that event 3 and 4 dont activate

so i guess the problem is there?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, the PC Direction is set to -2 from the Main Menu Load event. So that's not the problem either.

I messed with a bunch, deleting and recreating the INI file, naming and renaming values and now it works! It's disconcerting that I don't know why however. I thought it may have been because I had a number in the group name, but after it started working I changed it back and it still works. Very odd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    strange in the version i had it dosent seem to be bieng set to -2. ah well aslong as its sorted ^^