User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lacewing clear global data ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate games that do not have dedicated servers. Like look at most valve games, cs was so popular cause multiplayer servers and modability. Ability to play lan with great ping is quite fun as well.
    Image of custom server

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok but like i said lacewing is a relay server it relays mesages from one client to anouther it dosent "Host" things.
    *though i think it perhaps can im not to sure

you would need to make the IP enterable and have a web page which shoed available server ip's
    or perhaps have them all connect to a relay server to provide an ip list.

but this is not COD or anything your only going to be sending over a few bytes a seccond.

just have the clients connect to different channels on the server. you can allways add more servers later if you need to with just a drop down menu.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well sure, right now i have place where user can enter ip. But like i said before once you join one server you cannot change. Is there a way to fix that without disabling global option?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lacewing clear global data ?

I think you're misunderstanding how to use lacewing. You have one server. Then you create multiple channels within the server. These channels are like separate games on the server. You can have people make their own channels and they will stay separate from the other channels.

You can have a hosted dedicated server, but for now you're using the lacewing test server.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Sumo the test file i sent was a obv just for testing. I already run like 3 different servers for my game just for alpha testing. Now there are times i would want to switch for example. Not channel, not official test server. Just my server that i run locally and one that i do not run locally. I need to restart whole application for it to work, can i do it without restarting ? yes or no ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried using the "disconnect" action? That lets you disconnect from a server so you can switch to another one, I believe (make sure to wait until the user is disconnected before connecting them to the new one, though!).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @happygreenfrog Yes i have tried it. Works if you reconnect to same ip. If you change ip it just does not connect.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lacewing clear global data ?

Did you sign out of the channel, then sign out of your username, then disconnect from the server completely to make sure? Maybe the server remembers you so it stays connected so that's why you can't connect to other servers, idk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wii1mii View Post
    @Sumo the test file i sent was a obv just for testing. I already run like 3 different servers for my game just for alpha testing. Now there are times i would want to switch for example. Not channel, not official test server. Just my server that i run locally and one that i do not run locally. I need to restart whole application for it to work, can i do it without restarting ? yes or no ?
    I think he want's to have different servers because of latency. If you are in Europe and join a server hosted in Australia, you are gonna have a horrible ping no matter what channel you join.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he wanted this it would be simple he would just need a drop down list to chose a server. I think he wants people to host their own servers so he wants a server browser server and then connect to a game server.

But yes i think he might be misunderstanding lacewing iether that or we are not getting what he wants

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast