Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For Mouse Controlled Objects, Show Mouse

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Mouse Controlled Objects, Show Mouse

So I want to have an active object controlled by my mouse with the "mouse Movement" option. But when I do that, it hides my mouse. How can I show my mouse?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/.../4ibG59Big.png

here u go

apart from that do a toggle for mouse movement so u can switch it off and get your mouse back

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another option which may or may not work for you depending on your needs:

Always ---> Set X position of "Active" to XMouse
    Set Y position of "Active" to YMouse

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scilya151 View Post
    apart from that do a toggle for mouse movement so u can switch it off and get your mouse back

If you get that to work drop me a line please!

I opened a bugbox call for this, but unfortunately it's not going to be modified.

I assume this isn't possible with the mouse controlled movement, isn't it?
    (even if you switch to another movement, or destroy the object, mouse is not released)

Was using this movement specifically to lock the mouse, but couldn't release the mouse again after that!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see, i will have a look when i get home later see if i can get it to work.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't necessarily need to toggle between movements to get the mouse pointer to show up.

What you can do, as UltimateWalrus suggested, is to have another object always be at the position of the mouse.

Specifically what you can do is create an active object of the mouse pointer icon. Then set this "Mouse" active to the position of the mouse and have it such that it is always at the top of its layer or it is on the highest layer you have.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @ ProdigyX:
    don't know if your answer was also for my needs (as it surely serves WeirdGuy's purposes)

just to clarify my request:
    the thing I was up to was "locking" mouse X,Y position,
    so that I could store its absolute "movement offset" inbetween frames,
    as I need "infinite" mouse scroll capabilities

Because if mouse cursor is "unlocked"
    when it reaches i.e. left screen border, it can no longer shift to the left and its horizontal movement can't be detected

while if it's locked, and I always reposition it at the frame center or wherever,
    I can always record its offset, on each frame, and do this virtually forever, recording the direction (and amount) the user is scrolling regardless of cursor position on screen

"Mouse movement" allowed me doing this, because it locked the mouse to the object,
    and allowed me to reposition the object (and so at the same time the mouse cursor)

Btw, this was a very cool trick I wasn't aware of, suggested by Happygreenfrog.

I was looking for a "builtin" way to do this, I know it can be done with extensions (mouse object).

This mouse controlled trick was perfect, but no matter what,
    if you switch the movement,
    if you destroy the mouse controlled object,
    if you don't even "create" it at start of frame
    its bare existance banishes the mouse cursor from the screen forever

So,
    if anyone is aware of some other builtin way to do this
    and to release mouse cursor on need
    I would be happy knowing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that the mouse cursor gets locked to the center of the screen when you have a mouse-controlled object, so even if you could make it visible, you'd just be seeing it stuck in the center of the screen.

If your game needs mouse mickeys (movement offset), but you also need to show the system cursor in that same frame, you are probably better off with some kind of extension rather than a mouse controlled object.

Alternatively, if you really want to do everything built-in, and are OK with a sprite cursor, you could try this: have an invisible mouse-controlled object you use to get mickeys. When you want to show the cursor, show an in-game Active cursor which uses those same mickeys to emulate a real cursor, stopping at the edges of the game window. You will not be able to use xmouse and ymouse in the same frame as a mouse controlled object, because they will be locked. You just have to add the mickeys to the cursor's coordinate each frame.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I needed to "release" the mouse when changing from "mouseview" to any other non-mouse camera (for P3D)
    so I was needing this to be happening inside the same frame, and having chance to switch from-to mouselock.

And willing to go extensionless to avoid people being forced adding extensions for an optional feature.

Alternatively, if you really want to do everything built-in, and are OK with a sprite cursor, you could try this: have an invisible mouse-controlled object you use to get mickeys. When you want to show the cursor, show an in-game Active cursor which uses those same mickeys to emulate a real cursor, stopping at the edges of the game window. You will not be able to use xmouse and ymouse in the same frame as a mouse controlled object, because they will be locked. You just have to add the mickeys to the cursor's coordinate each frame.
    Wow, seems like a very cool idea!
    In the end, I suggested using the "Mouse object" extension on need and provided the needed code to add.

But your suggestion is very interesting, beside having to add an extra object
    (and probably some extra coding for mouseclicks I guess, since the cursor would be clicking in the same spot for "onclick" events).

Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh OK. You're the guy who made P3D --- I can see why you'd want to avoid extensions. Looks impressive by the way!

One last alternative would be to put in the Clickteam bugbox that the mouse cursor should unlock when all mouse movements in the frame are disabled or destroyed. I doubt it would take much effort to fix on their end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast