User Tag List

Thread: How do you make games fit on IOS devices?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you make games fit on IOS devices?

Could any fellow fusion users please help by posting an example or examples of how to make an MFA work on all IOS devices without noticeable distortion? I've been using 960x640 and fit within black-bars for years. I want my games to fill the screen and look more professional. I'm also sure I've made things harder for myself because I also make games without any scaling, because I've got no idea how to go about it.

What size MFA would you start with? and how do you go about scaling it up? Should I be using 32x32 tiles. I've read so many suggestions, yet I'm still in the dark. What would really help are examples that I can test.

I'm positive there are users that have the same problem, Please help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Define "all iOS devices." The new iPad Pro has a resolution of 2732 x 2048, which is higher than most computer monitors, so it will have to be scaled as I can't imagine a Fusion game running at any sort of decent speed with that much on the screen at once.

The biggest problem lies in the fact that beginning with the iPhone 5, iOS devices now have a variety of aspect ratios. The bottom line, as I understand it, is you either will need to stretch or letterbox. Perhaps someone that has dealt with this more than I have can chime in and add more.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very aware that there are lots of iOS screen sizes that"s why I need a plan of attack. Surely there are users that have released games that work nicely on all devices without having to build a seperate build for phone and iPad. I don't mind if it needs to stretch as long as it still looks good.

There must be a better way than using fit inside black bars? Help! To have more users take up the exporters help needs to be offered.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use "Fit Inside and Adjust Window Size" -- make sure your frame size is bigger than your window size, how much bigger will depend on your basic resolution and then making sure to accommodate all the devices. Use this tool to get an idea of what I mean:

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/90439-Online-Tool-Visualize-quot-Display-quot-property-effects-on-all-devices

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave your a champ