User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Set Achievement progress without poping up overlay? (Steam)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha. If by "new", you mean the last 8 years or so. But I totally agree that achievements seem to be required these days, for better or worse. I must admit that I can see their appeal for certain game types, but in general, I don't enjoy coding them. Having to test for certain conditions to be met between event lines is a bit unruly and messy.

My publisher just asked if MMF supported steam trading cards and that got my eyes rolling as well. But I can see that if you want the widest appeal, and the work is minimal, then it can't hurt to have these sorts of things. But if it were totally up to me, I would ignore them. :P

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobichan View Post
    Hey Outcast, any luck finding out about this? I am considering porting to Steam and wondered if you figured out a workaround for displaying progress.
    I could not figure it out. I think there is an event missing in the Steam object to just update the progress without also showing a popup :/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be a few MMF games that are on steam with progress based achievements. Thanks for replying.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know what games?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Environment Station Alpha has both achievements and cards.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could probably ask Hempuli for an example and he would give you one; he's a total bro. His twitter handle is @Esa devlog

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobichan View Post
    Environment Station Alpha has both achievements and cards.
    Hmm it does not seem to even have achievements at all? http://store.steampowered.com/app/350070/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I had ESA in my head because it had cards and I was researching how to do cards. Odallus was the game I saw that had achievements.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah I see! And you are sure this game has progress Achievements? I can't see if it has or not since I don't own it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what my Steam control panel shows.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast