User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Set Achievement progress without poping up overlay? (Steam)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Set Achievement progress without poping up overlay? (Steam)

I am having a number of achievement that are using progress numbers. So for example the player might need to kill 1000 monsters to get the achievement and they should see their progress in the achievements, so it could look like something like 254/1000. It will basically look like the bottom achievements here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-08_115156.png

Now I am having a problem though when trying to implement this as the only event I see for doing this in the Steam Object is this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Untitled-1.png

This "works" as so far that it updates the players progress, but the thing is that every time this action is carried out it shows a popup on the overlay like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../Untitled2.png

So it is spamming with these popups every single time the player makes any progress in these things and I obviously don't want that. Is there some event missing in the Fusion steam object to progress the players achievement progress without actually showing a popup or do I need to do something diffrently?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't you just keep an internal count of all the achievements, and only call for a progress update when those counts reach a certain increment?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to have it like this so the user can always see their progress when checking their achievements: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-08_115156.png

If it would not update for every increment, but for every 100 or so it would cause a lot of confusion. Perhaps players would do something and not thinking it actually worked toward getting the achievements since it did not update correctly in the overlay.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else know about this?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I have to just use the regular system instead of the progress for this game since the release is soon, which is a shame, but who is in charge of the Steam Object? This seems like a missing event in the object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish I could help but I dunno anything about the steam object. Haven't used it ever. Might want to PM one of the mods or try and find the extension's post in the forum and PM the creator.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking in the About section of the object it says it's made by Jonathan Pittock. His website http://www.skn3.com/ does have a Contact section and I think you can reach them via their twitter @skn3 too. If we know who commissioned the extension(Clickteam?) maybe we could try get som info from that end too?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chrielley, Yes I feel like it would be easier to communicate through Clickteam.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Outcast, any luck finding out about this? I am considering porting to Steam and wondered if you figured out a workaround for displaying progress.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm the only person that loathes this new fad of achievements/trophies? I'm certainly not complaining about your game, just a moan about achievements in general, awful addition to gaming imo. However that said, I hope you get it working

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast