Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: This is My Software realized with MMF2.5 dev

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is My Software realized with MMF2.5 dev

Daniele, I don't recommend using a public server. You should host your own private server. I included a link in the post if you want to use the lacewing server I created. You only need to learn the syntax, if you want to use the built in SQLite with it. All you need to do is port forward the port you want to use, in the router and you're good to go.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mike, finally an answer :-)
    Thanks, but it's not a problem for the public server, the data transmission is encrypted with a code then, whoever receives these data do not know what they are. example, to turn on a light send this data:
    wx1342xiw8-id1-1

The app sends this data and the PC with home automation softwarte recognizes him.
    Each client has a code for the 'sending and receiving.
    Now, my problem is a 'more ... everything works if the two software running under Windows, and even on two different connections. The problem is when I export on android lollipop samsun S6. When I connect with the app on Android, the chat does not work. I create a user name and then I start the same program but works on windows. What works on windows, one on the app does not work ... I also did the 'upgrade to lacewing client relay.
    Why of the app it does not work?
    I used objects compatible with Android
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think MikeB is suggesting not to use a public server not (or surely not only) for safety reasons,
    but because -as you said before- nobody grants you it will always be up & running.

I've not completely understood if you're port-forwarding only your home pc to use as a central server (reliable and always-on machine?)
    or if you will be asking customers to install their server-app in home pcs and port-forward their routers?

Going with a client app and port forward is surely a cool and technically performant solution,
    and scrolling past messages I praise at Decal impressive work and kindness in assisting this issue and providing cool examples.

But I keep suggesting what I was saying in first posts:
    a customer-server would be not optimal considering to tell customers doing port forwarding etc.
    customers with few technical skills could be a little downset by this / could not be happy to open up their ports

I would definitely consider purchasing a web domain, prices are quite affordable,
    and you would have a more reliable and customizable solution.
    Don't you already have your own company website?
    I'm sure you can get in touch with hosters and ask them what it takes to upload and keep running your lacewing tool,
    or if they don't want to / require higher fee --> setting up some small server script just relying messages through home clients/server
    if you don't know how to there would be surely software guys around doing this for a small fee

Fusion tutorials for online scoreboards could even be enough for this
    (you update some data on the server, your clients polls the server at time intervals to get its latest instructions)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks SCHRODINGER for your suggestions.
    Unfortunately I exclude port forwarding because it is not easy to open a door for the average user, and it is not always possible to open a port for your router. I for example I have a contract with Fastweb and my router does not allow to write the DNS and does not open the doors.
    what it costs to buy a server like the one I used for this chat? in this case I have no fear that this server can be closed if I pay to keep it open. Use third-party servers is not convenient because it may close at any time.
    why this application does not work this chat on smartphones? my main problem is to understand because the file I posted, if converted for Android does not work. You know you help me?
    The program works, but it seems that does not communicate with the server

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry I can't help you with Android communications as I havo no android device,
    would only be able to test on a pc emulator and that would make my answer not reliable.

I agree with you port-forwarding customers would have been not an optimal solution,
    this is why I'm suggesting a simple and reliable server-side solution
    that would only imply a database (you could even already have it in your labdomotic.com domain?)
    and very little application server scripting (maybe you have .php capabilities on your domain?)

Sorry, don't want to confound you,
    but just as you may consider this alternative option,
    I'll briefly describe it:

1) customers client remote apps (in their smartphones) connect to your domain filing the request
    ----> as simple as connecting to www .labdomotic.com/serverscriptpage.php?uid=123456&pw=654321&temperat ure=20

2) server script accepts the request (checks for user & password against your customers database)
    and sets the value in the database (i.e. "temperature=20") and maybe "flags" this database row "has_been_changed"
    this is a very simple script you could find examples even in this forum on how to setup

3) home-domotic app polls every minute or so (if this is an acceptable time frame)
    for "has_been_changed" lines in its own database reference
    ----> as simple as connecting to www.labdomotic.com/serverscriptpage.php?uid=123456&pw=654321&action=p oll
    and retrieves modified lines to apply changes ("temperature" has changed? set "temperature" to 20, ^ in the example)

No lacewing needed, no need to upload a server app and keep it running,
    solid & reliable domain (yours ), quite inexpensive: just needs a database and some small scripting.

other pros: you have all your customers real-time status stored in your database and can easily assist them on need
    (you could even consider making a login page for them and letting them change settings from a browser)

cons: home-domotic server response would be less "immediate", but I think a 1-minute lag could be acceptable in this application?
    (and time frame to poll could be smaller anyway, just said 1 minute to avoid excessive unneeded requests to the server)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You been very thorough ... Unfortunately, one minute is a lot, even 10 seconds are so many.
    My home automation system is very complex and large. For now use teamviewer as a remote control, and the times are very fast, up to 2 seconds of latency.
    The system that I tried with the chat and the public server is very fast and for me it was an easy to manage solution.
    I do not require a database, my Software has one inside. The one that I need, is a control for lights, sockets, temperature, etc., and I have to have the 'access to view and control.
    I wanted the easiest way for me and for the customer.
    I would like to have a server as the one used by lacewing, but I have one that I use my available for my clients.
    Could I have a dedicated PC for this application always on, you can do this?
    My site is made with jimdoo and I do not think I can write a php page, I just know that I can insert script.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I see... if response time is a issue, then yes, lacewing would provide a better solution.
    Although one could theorically poll at 1-second intervals, but I wouldn't recommend this
    (better looking into push notifications or downstream messaging then - something I've never used unfortunately)

If you have a dedicated pc you can definitely use it as a server
    (doing all the stuff you did up to now: port forwarding, keeping your lacewing server app running,
    obtaining a static IP or taking advantage of dynamic DNS services such as http://www.noip.com/)
    wouldn't be as reliable as a hosting company webserver (on paper!) but could probably be enough for your needs

You seem to be already close to this setup then?
    If the only thing you miss is debugging the android app, sorry again but can't help

Only thing I can think of is if you checked "permissions" on Android application properties
    (could require "internet" i.e.) and maybe your firewall settings to accept external requests

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always nice to see how flexible Fusion can be! Nice job!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know this was possible to do in Clickteam Fusion.

Impressive!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone knows MMF2 as a platform for making games, I have used this tool for automation and home automation. I was able to realize the hardware interfaces that could be managed by MMF 2 and due to the "serial object extension" I could use Arduino well as the acquisition of more than 96 digital inputs and 20 analog. I love MMF2, it has allowed me to realize a big project.

Can someone help me understand why if I convert the files for Android, the chat does not work? I used only compatible extensions ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4