Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Experiencing worse performance in Fusion 2.5 over MMF2

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Experiencing worse performance in Fusion 2.5 over MMF2

This is something I've been keeping track of, since I started making a game in Fusion 2.5. I've noticed that MMF2 basically runs games much smoother, with no framerate drops. I made a badly optimized game in MMF2 and it ran buttery smooth, with no framerate dips. The game used about 120mb at runtime, had big sprites, the game was a bigish resolution, the events were messy and all over the place, but it worked flawlessly.

With the game I'm making in Fusion 2.5, I've made MUCH cleaner events, all put into different groups that activate when needed and deactivate when they're not used. The graphics are all a much better size, and the game's resolution is small, quite a bit smaller than the resolution I used in MMF2.

However, I can see noticeable spikes with framerate drops in the Fusion 2.5 game. I have a counter set to display the framerate, and it randomly dips down to 54 fps when it decides to. It seems really weird, considering the game uses only about 40mb at runtime, the frame size is pretty small, and the game is better laid out than the previous one. I've checked all the display options and they're all fine. V-Sync is switched on, the game is set to run at 60fps, the display mode is Direct 3D 9.

Has anyone else noticed Fusion 2.5 performing worse than MMF2?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you running the game with the debugger on? That tends to cause worse frame rates... And I think that debugger-caused lag may have gotten more noticeable with CF2.5, so it's something to consider (try running it with the debugger off in both MMF2 and CF2.5, and using a counter to display the frame rate instead).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fusion 2.5 runtime can be pretty choppy in windowed mode. In real fullscreen it's smooth as butter.
    It might have something to do with Windows AERO theme. I don't think there's anything we can do about it, just gotta learn to live with the problem.

You could try with Windows AERO theme and without, and see if that makes any difference. Though if you're using Windows 10, I'm not sure it can be turned on/off.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A better test would be the same exact file running in MMF2 vs Fusion 2.5 -- Other then that it isn't a completely fair comparison.
    Since Fusion 2.5 has a lot of different options perhaps you need to change some settings? Again its hard to say without seeing your MFA files.
    Most people seem to get very good performance with Fusion 2.5.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't seem to get "real fullscreen" working properly. It places the game's window in the centre of the screen, with a huge white border around it. I might take a day or 2 out in the next week or so, and recreate the game in MMF2 as well, to see how it performs there.

EDIT: Oh right, I didn't have the latest Beta build, that added the new Fullscreen option :P Although I still can't seem to get it working properly. It fills the screen, but at a bad quality and a white line appeared over the screen for some reason. Yeah this fullscreen thing still isn't working properly for me

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can always try using my Ultimate Fullscreen extension :] It scales your game to native resolution keeping aspect ratio correct. Also, make sure you remember to set "Border color" in your Application settings, under Window. For most games you'll probably want it to be black instead of the default white.

As for performance, I've mostly noticed that Fusion 2.5 performs better than previous versions, especially pre-HWA versions. I'm guessing your refactoring may have had something to do with the slowdown, but if you can find an MMF2 file that runs faster in MMF2 than it does when imported to Fusion 2.5, I would send it to Clickteam through the bugbox feature.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have noticed general choppiness that I can't seem to solve even though my game is low resolution and super optimized, even just having a tiny window with 1 active object you can see the frame rate does the 60 down to around ~54 thing... and "Real Full Screen" is not an option because "Real Full Screen" has been broken since 2.5.

I've experimented for hours trying to make my low resolution pixel game display in "real full screen" without being distorted.. but no matter what I try I can't get it. The new "Fit Inside" option works great in windowed mode.. but obviously that's not "real full screen".

What I'd need is the application to enter full screen mode, fill the screen width, then adjust the height so that the pixel aspect ratio remains the same. Can someone from Clickteam look at this .mfa? Or can anyone else make it work?

Press the Keys 1,2,3 or 4 to switch between display modes... 1+2+3 all work correctly.. it's #4 that I can't get to work. Ultimate Full Screen object won't solve this either as it's not "real full screen"
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed that the Ultimate Full Screen object doesn't do fullscreen at all. It's just borderless window mode. However, try check the checkbox "keep aspect ratio" and see if you like that better?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have checked the keep aspect ratio button (this works well for video mode 3 in my example), but that is also just a borderless window mode (that fills the screen) the same as UFS. It's not "real" full screen... if you tick "keep aspect ratio" and enter full screen mode it won't work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, when I test "keep screen ratio" checked and use the built in "Fullscreen" mode, I do get real fullscreen and not borderless window mode. I kept the setting at 8%. Seems to look very good. The "keep screen ratio" only changes the resolution based on your aspect ratio when in fullscreen mode I think.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast