User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Experiencing worse performance in Fusion 2.5 over MMF2

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the things that baffled me when first joing this Forum was the level of engagement from the developers themselves ( being a high level of engagement from my view ).
    It may be that my experiences whith Product Forums in general are/ have been limied, but in my oppinion i find it hard to imagine the standard activity level of Staff Members in its Users Community to be as engaging as Clickteams.
    Its not uncommon to see Reds of Greens commenting or participating on discussions and threads around here.
    I might be wrong, but is my honst oppinion even if i am.

Getting back to the original topic, even if its has dreailed abit, i think i do have a MMF2.5 lying around and could compair performance between the two i guess.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simon and Jeff (I might be forgetting another community red name, it might be Yves) all respond to forum topics well. They do a great job. I was harsh by saying you all have very bad communication. I think most of us are more upset about the lack of feedback from the devs actively developing fusion. They seem very removed from the rest of the community, and we very rarely get updates on build releases (5 months since last beta, no stable release yet).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your response Simon, you do make clear and we do appreciate that time is a limited and precious resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    ...you've caught us at a time where several of the devs have taken time out for a week to work on Fusion 3 and so aren't around...
    Things like this aren't communicated well (or at all).

I find it surprising that with no new build of the core application for half a year, the entire team is working on F3. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for F3, and yes, it is just a week. My point is just that I think clear communication on what the development team are doing and have planned in the future in an open and transparent way will be valued by everyone in the community. As it stands, I feel like I've not seen a new stable build of the product for a very long time, nor heard very much about what it might contain. If we knew a little more about it I'm sure we'd all be excited instead of frustrated!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I think we can all agree that we really appreciate Clickteam's products (that's why we're here!) and efforts, to bring us software, that allows us to make our games a reality. I know that I'd be pretty stumped without Fusion. Like I said before, I tend to prefer Fusion over Construct in most cases, based on the fact that Fusion creates native applications, whereas Construct 2 is HTML5 based. Funnily enough, I actually visited Scrria's forums and some people are talking about Fusion 3. I think some Construct 2 users, might be considering Fusion 3 when that comes out, as Construct 2 also has it's own set of issues, that users need to work around etc

I don't know when/if the mfa file I uploaded will get looked at in the bug tracker, but I guess for now I'll just keep on working on my game. I understand that Clickteam are really busy with their new engine (can't wait to see it in action!). If the framerate issue still persists the further I go, I'd be happy to let Simon or someone, look at the file, and see if they can find anything in there.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owners of Construct 2 are worry with Fusion3
    https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtop...ion+3#p1007573

p.s :I'm wonder why CT don't show any features of F3 ? If it's secret for them, I have to say your marketing is really bad because I saw many migrations from Fusion to C2.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heh how silly that people would "worry" about a great product (only maybe the guys at Scirra should worry, not the customers)... brand loyalty is a strange beast. If CT were *not* building Fusion 3, and instead Scirra were working on a product with the exact features of Fusion 3, I'd be excited not worried!

I've chosen to stick with CT so far based on the exporter performance/features, as long as Fusion 3.0 delivers, I'll keep with them. I'm pretty optimistic about the clean slate for Fusion 3, can't wait!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, I can't wait to see what they can do with a clean slate. Dropping some of the legacy issues on a fresh framework sounds great. And they won't have to manage so many code bases so they can iterate faster! Sounds like a win-win for everyone.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEHRDAD View Post
    I'm wonder why CT don't show any features of F3 ? If it's secret for them, I have to say your marketing is really bad because I saw many migrations from Fusion to C2.
    With competitors developing their own products, it would be very unwise for us to give out major details about Fusion 3, whilst there is still enough time for them to copy us and steal features and ideas.

It has happened before and it would likely happen again - the original version of Construct was an almost 100% clone of Multimedia Fusion which they named Speed Fusion I believe (they even tried to demo it at a Clickteam Convention!)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the Scirra vs Clickteam war from way back when TDC wasn't dead

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    With competitors developing their own products, it would be very unwise for us to give out major details about Fusion 3, whilst there is still enough time for them to copy us and steal features and ideas.

It has happened before and it would likely happen again - the original version of Construct was an almost 100% clone of Multimedia Fusion which they named Speed Fusion I believe (they even tried to demo it at a Clickteam Convention!)
    I agree with you Simon . Construct classic or 2 is clone of MMF2 .
    I'm staying with Fusion forever for many reasons. But my problem is situation of Fusion features at the moment .CT can release ver 3 every time .But I have a big adventure game project NOW. And Fusion 2.5 need to improve many features . Little projects is not problem but when you work as advance works you see many many objects in Event Editor (Even with folder too ). Global Events not work with qualifiers and you can't see variables into it.This problem is with behaviors too.Only way is level editor that is want great knowledge for programming and I don't have.

I personally haven't problem with Fusion. I only need fix beta versions and add some major features from F3 to F2.5 .Construct 3 is in progress too but there is always many updates for ver 2 While CT closed any update for 2.5 and focus into the F3 and it's worse situation for my developers.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast