Almost 1000 hours in fusion and on the brink of poverty... Anyone need some help?

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • Hi! I am 18 and I prematurely quit my job to work on game dev. I got fusion a little under a year ago and have been cranking out shoddy prototypes since then.

I can make platformers, topscrollers, shooters, etc with perfect collision and customizable movement through alterable values. I can also make fake AI and decent looking levels if supplied the art assets, and I could probably figure out anything else you needed within a week or so. I am looking for something stimulating to do, and I need to convince my father not to kick me out somehow or otherwise help with a project that generates enough revenue for rent (this is not so I have money, it is so I can continue making videogames!).

I would like to warn you that I have somewhat poor social skills as I am afflicted by aspergers, severe depression, ADHD, and some other things which are due to creep up on me (given a gut feeling, and family history) and I believe that these are important things to mention if we will be working together, but with proper direction I know that I can accomplish great things with minimal issues!

I am also a musician of about 13 years if you need a soundtrack! I am mainly a fiddle player, but can work pretty well in frooty loops to make whatever you need. Reply to this thread (or pm me, however it works on here) with the details of your project if you are interested!

• Hi willbo
    Sorry to hear about your problems, hope things get better in the future!

Game dev, is a tough field... it's high risk-high rewards stuff. It's also a heavily saturated marketplace, meaning there's lots of developers and not an equal proportion of buyers. It's not much different to the music industry or the film industry. Still, it's a great hobby to have, and you can make some good money out of it with enough experience (this might come in your 30s or 40s if you look at other developers like Angry Birds and Five Nights at Freddy).

I recommend seeing a careers councillor to talk about your future. The great thing about game dev is you never have to give it up, and a lot of people here are working jobs and doing dev on the side, myself included.

Teaming up with someone will help with your social skills and give you some perspective and objectivity... prepare to be criticised but that will help you establish a well grounded pespective. I hope the teaming up goes well.

Please login to see this link.

• Hi Willbo
    I hope things will get better for you in the future.
    Do you have any experience with javascript?
    I need someone to help me make a fusion app communicate ( pass data )with another non fusion app via javascript. Is that something you can do?
    Cheers and good luck !

Please login to see this link.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!