User Tag List

Thread: Libraries(?) required for exported HTML5 app

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Libraries(?) required for exported HTML5 app

I've built a few different games/utilities using Clickteam 2.5 and exported to HTML5. Without changing the browser or export settings, these HTML5 apps work fine when run directly from my computer and when hosted on a website I help manage for my job. However, I have a personal website (hosted with 1and1 on a Windows server) that, when the HTML5 app(s) are uploaded there, don't run the programs. The div shows up, but nothing on the canvas where the HTML5 app should be works.

Is there some kind of library I need to make sure I have available on my website to have Clickteam 2.5 HTML5 apps run? I haven't seen any documentation to that effect, but I really know very little about server structure, so I'm just spitballing here. What could be my issue?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So the HTML5 run elsewhere but not on 1&1?
    Maybe ask them if they support HTML5 or not.

Now not to say anything bad but I used 1&1 in the past and I was frustrated by the number of times they didn't support something.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had any issue running other snippets of HTML5 for my 1and1 site, and in my initial call with them, they didn't mention that as a potential issue. They did bring up the issue of a Windows-based versus a Linux-based server potentially being the issue, which is part of my question here.

Multiple help requests in this forum mention resolving their similar issues by using different export settings (i.e. Development vs. Final Build), which I've tried with no success. Notably, the other topics' issues weren't mine, because they were getting an error 404 when trying to read in their .cch file.

One notable behavior I've seen shows up in the browser's console. The get request is sent (successfully?) for the appname.cch file, but when a get request is sent for appname.cc1, it then continues sending get requests for appname.cc2, .cc3, .cc4, ad infinitum. I've also tried adding .cch and .cc1 as filetypes in the web.config, as suggested in earlier posts (of similar-but-not-same issues).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a quick update: I checked the files' directories directly, and I was wrong about them not getting an error 404. The filetypes .cch and .cc1 are disallowed/not allowed from my webhost's MIME type list. Since the .cc1 file is (seems to be) a glorified .zip archive, I'd like to just change the filetype there to that, but I can't figure out the appropriate changes to make in the Runtime.js file to meet that goal.

Opening the development-build-published version of the Runtime.js does give me something I can work with, but I'm not proficient with JS, nor am I very familiar with JSZip (the archive implementation Clickteam uses in the javascript file). The simplest solution, looking at the file, would seem to be to simply skip the archive process entirely and have the .js file just read in directly the Application.ccj file (the one embedded in appname.cc1). I'm not sure what I should do there to point directly to that file, though, instead of to the string "Application.ccj". Any pointers would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So another update, my resolution: The solution ended up being a simple and easy one. I'd still like to know what I asked above, but I resolved my issue by changing my web.config to add the .cch and .cc1 filetypes as unknown MIME types (mimeType="application/unknown") instead of octet-stream filetypes or any specific kind of application filetypes. I had thought I tried unknown in addition to the types I'd also tried (my last version of the web.config showed the type as octet-stream), but I must not have.