User Tag List

Thread: Overlaping active object interference problem

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overlaping active object interference problem

I am having one of those "WHY?!" moments right now. Since I've been trying to fix this for 2 hours it's time to ask for help.

What I am trying to do is have my Hero character being pushed back when overlaping an active object representing an enemy(CodeWolf). I have done this before and just by itself it's not a biggie.

However, it seems that something invisible (or I am just blind, it can be the case when you sit with the same thing for several hours) is interfering with this function.
    Before I went here I tried to track down where the problem should be, and it's happening at 2 instances.

The first instance is when the sword mask (invisible active object working as a detector) overlaps with the wolf - the game thinks that another object (hero mask) is also overlaping it, which it isn't.
    The second instance is when the wolf is in a channeling state (gives the player a warning that the enemy is going to attack), at this point if the object that detects if the enemy is aggressive or not(named Wolf vision) overlaps the wolf - The game thinks that the hero mask is overlaping with the wolf.

I tried to make a normal mask for hero and an enemy in a new application, but ofcourse it was not that simple, it worked as it should.

When I decided to go here for help I tried to track down where the issues came from. and i tracked them down as follows:
    Instance 1 - somewhere inside group WolfCollisions. When deactivated, this issue dissapears.
    Instance2 - somewhere inside group Wolf Attack. When deactivated this problem obviously dissapears, as it cannot channel it's next attack.

The groups are located under Enemies/Codewolf Line 178 and 208.
    The hero pushback group is located under group Hero/combat line 70.

To test you left click the Orange ball to select the hero. left click while hero is selected to attack. Right click to move the hero to position of mouse. Hold left CTRL to show all detectors.
    The hero uses ball movement.

Thanks in advance if anyone can see the problem and tell me.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the problem. Just needed a 24h break I suppose. I originally made another type of enemy, that didn't have fine detection, and I made the sprite large. Now I simply forgot to resize the animation frames when I made an improved version of the same enemy..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Glad you sorted out, and good you told us you did - was about to delve in your code

Nice project btw!