User Tag List

Thread: How can I change color of a displayed object on Android (RGB doesn't work)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I change color of a displayed object on Android (RGB doesn't work)

Hi everyone!
    I'm developing a game for Android, I want to randomly change the color of the character displayed on screen.

To do that on Windows, I just create an active object 100 pixel wide with my color palette (palette_character), and then I set the color of my character with the command:
    RGBAt( "palette_character", RRandom(1,100), 0 )

But this solution doesn't work on Android (it seems RGB commands cannot be used).

Which is the best alternative way to do this on Android (aside from creating static animation of every colors, of course)?

Thank you!

--
    Edit for Admins: I should have posted on Android section (sorry, I just noticed). Feel free to move the post

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to color objects on Android, afaik, is the "Set RGB coefficient" function. For my project I split up the characters that require special coloring into different objects. The parts that need coloring are drawn in greyscale. I then use RGB coefficient on the parts/objects that need coloring.

I think the device needs OpenGL support for this to work, though I guess most of them have it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Chrille, it works!
    In case it may be useful to someone, here's the (extremely basic) source with "Set RGB coefficient" function.
    Attached files Attached files