User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Extension development - how can I activate alterable values and flags?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extension development - how can I activate alterable values and flags?

I'm making an extension, but I don't know how to get in menu of extension alterable values and flags.
    Is this take more resources, even if the values are empty?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Choose the object flags

When defining an extension object, it's important to decide if your object should move, be animated, open a window over the frame, open a control, or simply be invisible. All these decisions have to be made at this time.

Once you have decided on the properties of your object, read the chapter "Defining the object flags" and enter the good OEFLAGS and OEPREFS in your Main.h file.

[...]

OEFLAG_VALUES
    The OEFLAG_VALUES flag appends a value property to the object which contains 26 alterable values and 10 alterable strings. If you use this flag you must include the rVal structure in the RUNDATA structure of the object.

That said do not forget to give the SDK you are working with. The flags are located in different files, depending on the SDK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the "kind" answer but

I'm using some other rSDK without manuals and with not many comments.

I was planning to give people some cool extensions kit which I was worked for a long time, but now I get cold shower by one of them which means that it's not worth.
    If some small help needs some boorish words.

Nice! You edited your answer. "RTFM" No, there was no manual or was unclear.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not edit

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you using rSDK to make a new extension? You should use EDIF for new extensions, it has replaced rSDK and is the only currently supported SDK. My fork of EDIF even has alterable values and flags enabled by default, and there is even some documentation and tutorials on the official EDIF wiki.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Timon, Please keep a friendly tone.

Wether you realize it or not, people are trying to help you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not edit my answer but the moderator was completely right to do it.
    My apologies for this. I did not want to be rude.
    That said, beginning extension programming without trying first the official SDK is not the right way from my point of view. All other SDKs have improved it in a certain way but they all derived from it. It is always a good habit to read the documentation first, at least to respect the amount of work that these kind of things require.
    If you still want to go on with rSDK, look at one of the examples available on github. You have some for beginners and a few for advanced like Surface object from Looki.

Edit: ok I did not see the answer from LB. He already wrote a more developped answer. If you need to follow someone's advice for extension development, LB is for sure one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @LB I'm using the same rSDK as Looki with Surface 2.5. It's really that old?

@mod
    Sorry if I was upset, but everyday people (even my own mother) hate me for no reason and using bad words, if someone is not kind to me and we both are strangers, then I just feel that something is not right.

@Damian
    Yes, I started month ago with that stuff.

Thanks everyone for the support.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use rSDK if you really want to, but I strongly recommend using EDIF instead, especially if you are new to extension development.

As conceptgame pointed out, you should also keep a copy of the original SDK help file on hand at all times, it will help explain many of the more mysterious aspects of the SDK that have not been modernized by EDIF. If you have any questions feel free to post threads on this forum, we will gladly help

Don't forget to check out the EDIF documentation, it isn't perfect but I did spend a lot of time on it.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes for sure well be glad to help you. Do you have anything specific in mind for your extension?

We can give you some link to similar extension to what you are trying to do or just give you some tips to avoid some "undocumented" features of the SDK.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast