User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Active object amount limit?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing worries me, thou. Is there any way to have two... lets say "Type 1"- minion instances to collide and cause different results to each other? I kinda am under the impression that bad code will cause an instance to do nothing at all by collision or just use it's own damage against itself and other bugs like that. Maybe an example of what I'm rambling on here about is:

Condition: Type1 collides with Type1
    ---> Subtract Damage(Type1) from Health(Type1)

I can leave such a difficult thing out, but that would mean no individual upgrading, individual damage and such? If there's a mass of Type1 minions and they can't in any way tell each other apart, I can really make them only bounce in collision, don't I? I fear that a really elaborate code or loop or similar would cause too heavy requirements, at least if I make them wrong. (I have barely just began to test all the tips I had from all replies so far so sorry if any one of those actually deals with this matter too.)

I know one way would simply be to make upgraded units new objects but that would only push the problem to that mass of instances, wouldn't it? Those instances would again be clones when comparing their abilities?

And I presume that since bullets could pick up object's damage value to deliver onward, the problem is not shooting units but melee units, right?

EDIT: Of course it can be overlapping in stead of collision and so on, but too heavy way to make instances use individual information like altval based damage and such against another instance of the same object would just be too much trouble for it's worth, wouldn't it?

EDIT: Any link to a post that deals with this issue is okay too. Or telling me that it's impossible, he he.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Eh, you hit a hard wall here,
    instance-to-instance interaction/scoping is a little convoluted in Fusion

this can be usually solved using a detector and foreach looping:

type 1 attacking
    >>> count each one of type1, loop name "attack"

on each one of type1, loop name "attack"
    >>> place "detector" on attackrangeX,attackrangeY
    >>> set detector ID to fixed value "type1"
    >>> set detector "do_damage" to type1_attack_damage
    >>> start loop "test detection" 1 time

on loop "test detection"
    + detector overlapping "type 1"
    + type1 fixed value <> detector ID
    >>> sub do_damage from "health"

but this could damage performances on high numbers of attacking minions

though simple boncing on collision still works on instance to instance

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    King_Cool that idea will work great. Just remember that animation changes suffer from the update lag bug, so changing detector size on the fly and colliding against other embedded detectors are a no-go.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Sorry for yelling, but the collision detection for instances works like a charm. I was kinda inside the right area code with the problem, but I kept ending up in the wrong house. I actually think that I can make something happen here, with all this help.

Thank you again (especially since my English is so terrible it's like talking to a five year old).

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by casleziro View Post
    King_Cool that idea will work great. Just remember that animation changes suffer from the update lag bug, so changing detector size on the fly and colliding against other embedded detectors are a no-go.
    I had to test this, and it doesnt seem to be the case.
    There does not seem to be a lag with changig Animation Sequences.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See frame 2

AnimationLagTest_2.mfa

The blue and red box are visualizations of each object's embedded detector. As you can see, they're overlapping on-screen. But because of the animation lag, the actual collision isn't being registered. If you move the base objects closer together (for example blue up until it is overlapping red's hitbox) you'll see the collision register.

There's no way (outside of math to simulate them) to collide embedded detectors against each other. The objects will always be at least a frame out of sync and use one of the base object default animations as a collision.

no overlap.pngoverlap.png

Now if you have no need for a second embedded/variable detector, then it's fine; changing a single detector to detect fixed objects or backdrops won't have any problems. That might be where you misunderstood me.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah i see

The Event:

ObjA overlaps ObjB = ObjBs 'collision mask' lag 1 frame behind for both ( #1 ) its possition and ( #2 ) its Animation

This is very good to know, i didnt know so thanks for pointing this out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn... With the code, instances of the same object can attack each other like I hoped. Thank you once more for that. ...but it's killing me to get them divided into opponent armies.

Since instances already know how to attack each other, is there a way with values, strings... anything, to make them recognize player1 vs player2 composition? (For an example: OBJECT1 instances 1, 2, 3... attack each others, if one of them is player1 and the other one is player2, but they leave each other be if they are both player1 or player2?) I kinda know what I'm trying to do but I just can't get the player identification to fit in with the instance vs instance and I keep killing all minions at once, none at all or creating some similar "almost there" result.

I know I could just make OBJECT1_player1, OBJECT1_player2... and use instances from those against each other, but then I would need double the objects and it would somewhat put me back to where I started from with the instance vs instance thing. Many other parts of the game are working already, so I don't like the idea that this attack/collision thing may keep me stuck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2