User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New beta build run at half fps, please test

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    reinstall 285.2e and retest maybe something was not installed correctly and let me know

Just uploaded again maybe something was not correctly packed, so please redonwload and test again
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernando,.please see my last PM. I uploaded 2 videos of 285.2d running the app and 285.2e running the app. I downloaded the beta again (285.2e) and reinstalled as administrator. I'm getting the same result. Game is freezing using 285.2e.
    When it freezes,.I have to completely shut down the device for the app to close and reboot the device.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Send me a release build using 285.2e strange I build two big games one with 33mb and another of 22mb with no problem.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Send you the apk?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    yes an Apk signed for me to try
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I post this here since it seems to be related.. In 285.2e my game slows down drastically when playing sounds. In 285.1 the slowdown is still present, but not as noticeable. Actually, with not sounds the game runs much smoother on 285.2e than on 285.1. With sounds the game is faster on 285.1.

Force "play from disk" is set to 5 seconds.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    New build(2852e-02_14_2016)has an error..When compiling and launch my game.Game work at start,but when i change frame,game crash.
    Reinstalling Build 2852d-02_03_2016 work fine

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sloxone please post a small mfa that reproduce the crash for me to test and popcorn can you post also a mfa to test this or post 2 signed apk for me to run and compare.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pm send..

note:Compiling with the last build 2852-e_02_14_16

Sloxone

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done some more testing between 284.1 and the new android beta 2852.f-X.

I test on my OnePlusOne device. I run 3 tests on each version, making sure internet is off, closing all background apps and restarting the whole app between each test.
    First I did a test without any sound and then the results where positive! Both the old version and the new android beta run equally good without any sound at an average of about 51FPS for me with 100 objects.

But then, since I noticed some other users said that the new versions where slower when playing sound I wanted to test this also so I added an event to always play a small sample of a coin pickup sound. And unfortunately the new android beta is slower compared to the old 284.1 version when playing sounds :/

Here are my test with the sound on:

Average fps of test:
    1: 41fps
    2: 41fps
    3: 40fps

2852.f-X

Average fps of test:
    1: 33fps
    2: 35fps
    3: 28fps

So there seems to be some problem with the sound causing an issue with the fps being lower and also more unstable on the new build. I am just playing the sound as "normal", so I don't know if this could perhaps improve by "playing from disk" and other things?

I have updated the testing mfa I did and uploaded here also. This version is revised and better since the old one reset each average fps every second. Now it measures proper average fps so you will get a more reliable result the longer the test is running. I have also added a mute button on the first screen that you can toggle the sound on or off to see the differance it makes in the test. Note that the objects are also rotating now to add a little extra stress so if you get lower fps now with this version vs the previous version this is probably why.
    Attached files Attached files

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast