User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [URGENT] Shaders not working correctly with specific Nvidia GPUs.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just noticed my "discovery" was the exact thing schrodinger mentioned in his detailed post, darn!
    I've been personally so confused about the problem, but indeed it only seems to happen with shader on duplicates that has altered RGB/Alpha!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yeah we made some little confusion

I somewhat got the assumption RGB/alpha + multiple copies equation
    since your previous testing on P3D (with multiple copies + no rgb)
    -- this is good it got cleared up and 100% confirmed by your further testing anyway!!

So, to clear up any doubt - all that's written in our report keep holding true,
    and this further testing double confirms it.

The issue shows with:

rgb/alpha changed
    AND
    multiple copies of the shader applied

multiple copies of the shader seem to work good if rgb/alpha is not changed

Thanks for all this testing Jesse!
    P3D would be (partially) safe thanks to this.
    And hopefully Clickteam can finally get the handle on it!

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, nothing is ever 100%, but it looks very likely as this is how it bugs out!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys , i thought i would add this hoping it help, i really want to buy P3D

I tested with shaderbug.exe and P3D_Alien_Klikkers

-On my pc, with Evga Gtx750, both have visual bug, tested with drivers 350.12 and 364.51 on Windows 10.

-I also just did a fresh install of Windows 7 to test on same pc and both still have visual bug with driver 364.51 (didnt test 350.12 this time).

-On my wife pc, with Gtx660(OEM), both work fine with driver 350.12 on Windows7.

here is a screenshot of what it look on my pc with evga gtx750

visbug750.jpg

Edit: i just realised the post was 2 week old sry for the bump xP , btw is P3D safe to buy now or i would still have the bug ? does it still have real time day night light ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ouch, those screenshots hurts

thank you very much for adding your testing info, this really helps
    maybe I should have made a Nvidia-friendly version to test
    (like adding a button or something, so you could test both,
    but without effects it woud surely lose something)

Up to now any Fusion application using RGB/Blend coefficients + shaders can suffer from the Nvidia bug,
    so P3D is still affected (unless you disable lighting and fogging effects: meaning changing a couple alterable values and an alterable string)

but there's been word recently (last week) that Clickteam is working to fix this issue from inside Fusion (I guess next builds?)
    so this would re-enable lighting and fading effects for Nvidia GTX 750/960 users

let's cross fingers...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little heads up.
    I'm not sure if this has been figured out earlier, but I for sure didn't understand this until now.

It doesn't seem to be duplicate objects only, but using same graphical assets as well. Say you use same graphical asset for objects... "light_01" and "light_02" (both of are their own active objects and shaders applied) and make the other pulse with it's RGB and you'll notice it's bugged. No matter if they are duplicate objects or not.

So yeah, not only duplicate objects but duplicate graphical assets seems to break things.
    Ouch, what a nut breaker. So now I will have to go and replace every duplicate graphical asset that uses any kind of shader through my whole game. This will also increase the game size but is also extremely awkward. This is breaking my balls big time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and if you're altering the RGB it also seems you can't use the same shader on two or more objects in the same frame. This totally killed the lightning in DISTRAINT. :/
    CT please, any word? I already paused The Human Gallery and started working on something else, but now it is also compromised.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way this has been on Bug tracker for over 2 months now with no word from CT.

This affects my released games, DISTRAINT might be even unplayable with quite a few GPUs.
    I feel I've gone extra length already testing, reporting, doing that, contacting here and there... If this is indeed a problem with Fusion 2.5 I'm blown away they haven't prioritized this right to the top of their list.

I find it unbelievable how CT is keeping in touch with developers (their customers), oh wait, they aren't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay!

I've been struggling with this problem for so long.
    Today I tried tweaking "Screen" and "Color Dodge" shaders (these are the shaders I have to use more than once per frame which caused the bug for me) and included alpha parameter inside the shader itself.
    I don't need to touch RGB or Alpha Blend values at all anymore since I can use the parameter I added to control the "volume". This also allows me to get around the problem as it doesn't bug anymore!

And that ultimately means I can still keep using Fusion 2.5!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast