User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: [URGENT] Shaders not working correctly with specific Nvidia GPUs.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was there ever a resolution to this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't alter the alpha or RGB of active objects that are using shaders.
    Instead you must use shader's own alpha parameters for this, if these does not exist you must modify the shader and add the support. It's relatively easy for simple shaders though!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've looked through changelogs while new betas were out and I've not seen this issue mentioned,
    so I would guess the issue is still there.. (can't test unfortunately)

though Jesse found a solution,
    I still wish the issue was solved to avoid having to fix every shader (if you use alpha/RGB coeff)

time ago Clickteam said they were working on this, but don't know if there were complications / fix was not possible at all or what...

I'm currently avoiding shaders in my new projects,
    but so far I didn't need them, being quite low-fi / cross-platform things
    if I had to release something with shaders+coefficients and no fix was still found,
    I'd do what Jesse suggests and find someone with a NVidia card to test

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we have a reliable list of what shaders and what cards are affected? I use shaders with alpha Coeffs (but not screen or color dodge), and have a Maxwell 980ti (2xSLI). I haven't noticed anything unusual. I'm not sure if that's because my card is immune or because the shaders I use are safe.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This should summarize the info collected so far on occurrences / shaders & cards implied:
    http://community.clickteam.com/threads/96212-URGENT-Shaders-not-working-correctly-with-specific-Nvidia-GPUs?p=687938&viewfull=1#post687938
    (post #34 of this thread)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very comprehensive. Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it's good there's a temp work-around, I do hope that this eventually gets resolved to make this a lot simpler.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well at least there's a work-around which seems to work just fine! It's not ideal but I'm fine with it.
    Anyway, I bet CT are doing their best. Besides, I think they're working hard with Fusion 3.0 to have a "fresh" start with some of the stuff. I've no idea if this is the case, but would make sense.

Meanwhile we just need to design our games to avoid some of the potential bugs/shortcomings. Again, not ideal but doable.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fortunately, it seems that P3D possibly gets a bit of a performance boost from removing the lighting code, so there may be other benefits to not combining shaders with alpha blending and/or RGB coefficient. And since P3D can be a bit difficult to get running at max speed, I personally would say it was worth it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6