User Tag List

Thread: Way to properly embed, encrypt, or hide lots of external audio files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Way to properly embed, encrypt, or hide lots of external audio files

Hi everyone,

I have a game that is almost complete, and I am having one major issue. The game uses hundreds of audio files, which are currently in an external sub-folder called "audio". I play these files via a fastloop called "play_sound", and I define the audio I want to play with a string called "current_sound", which is changed via a custom scripting language my game uses. So the actual Play Sample File command calls Apppath$ + "audio\" + current_music.

The problem is, a lot of the audio that I use is royalty free, and the licensing agreement of the files states that the audio must be embedded within the application. Given this, I am trying to find the smartest way to embed, encrypt, or hide the audio.

To my knowledge, I cannot use the "include external files" option, because I do not call specific filenames with Play Sample File. If I am understanding how Fusion works, "include external files" will not detect the files I need to include.

I'm not sure whether adding the audio as binary data would be applicable here. If this is an option, could someone please walk me through the process? Specifically, I am confused about whether I need to call absolute file paths with binary data or if it will work as I currently have it set up.

If there is another available option, please let me know. If you have any questions or need more detail, I am happy to provide.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using the binary data tool will let you embed the sounds in the application. The caveat is that you need to extract them manually before use, but there's this guide here which helped me understand:

http://download.clickteam.com/tutorials/en/binary-data.pdf

When using this is it very important to test your built application on another computer, it's easy to get it wrong and *think* you have done things right, but instead are just loading the non-embedded files.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some objects don't need extracting. I'm not sure if sounds fall into that category, but I guess it could depend on whether you use an extension to play the files or fusion's built-in audio player. There's some more info on it in this thread:

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/93617-Binary-Data-Managment-Extract-Release-All

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I recall correctly anything called via custom scripting, like described, would need to extract the file. Not sure though - let us know what conclusion you come to!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also use a Win / Ogg / Wav / MP3 converter (there are many out there for free) to convert your music into .oggs and embed them into your MFA (that's what I do myself).

Another bonus is the small filesize of your average .ogg.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So encripting audio files is possible with Fusion, or not?
    (Maybeits possible indirectly by calling an external script or something )

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses, everyone. I've done some testing and, as PBarwick predicted, I will need to extract the files for the audio. I've learned how to do this, and I will be implementing it shortly. Thanks again!