User Tag List

Thread: Twitch Stream Interaction App - Retrieving names of viewers from a generated INI file

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Twitch Stream Interaction App - Retrieving names of viewers from a generated INI file

So I'm trying to make a little app that runs in the background of a stream.

The idea is for each viewer to be represented by an avatar.

Someone kindly made a program that saves the list of current viewers to an INI file. Each viewer is written as a group in the INI, like this:

[flipswitchx]
    [coolguy1000000]
    [etcetcetc]

Every 5 seconds I load the INI into the INI object, and then I try to set a string to the current group. That didn't work, so then I just tried to set the string to "get INI as String". That also didn't work.

Just wondering if i'm going about this totally wrong... Thanks for reading!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an ini Tutorial available. Check it out, this should get you started: http://www.clickteam.com/creation_materials/tutorials/download/ini_tutorial.pdf

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Vaxx, unfortunately that doesn't show me how to retrieve the names of groups that are already there, as string data. It only let's you get information from groups that you already know exist. Viewers will come and go, so the groups will change on the fly... I'm thinking I should be using some other extension or method, but I'm not sure what.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Windows-only (which should be fine for your purposes), but there IS the INI++ object. I don't know for sure that it can do what you want, but hey, it's worth a shot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks happygreenfrog, I figured it out, Ini++ has the options I needed yeah